top gear season 16, episode 1!!

michaelz

downloading this ep right now. it's actually still season 15 but the second half of it. s15 episode 7.

EricM

Absolutely AWESOME episode! Finally got my TG fix. This really makes the TG:US show look like absolute horse dung.

I really liked the news segment, even though it was really scripted.
"Pour some pussy on it," :lol:

rockadilla

thats right.
yeah that news segment was totally scripted as hell, i wonder how much of the rest of the show is scripted as well? i hope not much

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
idk if anyone noticed but the kid at the tire shop has a honda symbol tatoo

michaelz

i noticed that. very unexpected. at first i thought surely not...

top gear US isn't too bad but compared to the real thing it just feels a bit half assed. BBC will give you 1hr of uninterrupted TG goodness instead of history channel's 40 min show and 20 mins of commercials.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Top Gear America is produced by one of BBC's satellite companies, but still being produced by the BBC. The only problem with the American Top Gear is the chemistry between the presenters. All three of them need to have some sort of chemistry between each other, like the three presenters on the BBC2 version. I also think they are relying on Tanner Foust's "pro racer" status and overusing it. The challenges somehow end up "i beat tanner". Besides the fact that the presenters seem to be forcing everything, the "Big Star Little Car" segment needs to get off of talking about people's cars and more about what they do as a professional. Thats the biggest difference between the UK and US guest star segments. The UK version will talk about the cars but it will also highlight why the person is famous as well.

My dream cast would be Jay Lenno, Anthony Bordaine, and Tanner Foust i think all three of those people would make a good team.

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
Ive been addicted to TG lately. They definetley have the best job in the world hands down. I dont know about the american version though...its kinda like seeing a ferrai or other supercar with a chevy badge.

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
Top Gear America is produced by one of BBC's satellite companies, but still being produced by the BBC. The only problem with the American Top Gear is the chemistry between the presenters. All three of them need to have some sort of chemistry between each other, like the three presenters on the BBC2 version. I also think they are relying on Tanner Foust's "pro racer" status and overusing it. The challenges somehow end up "i beat tanner". Besides the fact that the presenters seem to be forcing everything, the "Big Star Little Car" segment needs to get off of talking about people's cars and more about what they do as a professional. Thats the biggest difference between the UK and US guest star segments. The UK version will talk about the cars but it will also highlight why the person is famous as well.

My dream cast would be Jay Lenno, Anthony Bordaine, and Tanner Foust i think all three of those people would make a good team.
couldnt agree more

sainthavok

私は自分のホンダを愛して
TG is almost entirely scripted they even joked about it because they won an award in america for best unscripted show a few seasons ago