Tranny Slipping

quickmr2

HI CI !
I have a question. MY Tranny is slipping every now and again. It doesn't do it all the time but maybe once a day. I found a JDM Tranny on ebay. Oh yea it is an automatic transmission. Anyway, do you all think it will last till the new year if babied? I am gearing up and getting all the tools I need to do the job, just wondering if there is a step by step instructions here or not. I have Googled it already but not to much has come up.Can ya'll hep me out here? Thanks, oh yea it is a 94 ls 3 door.

quickmr2

Also, I have seen Type- R Swaps with an Auto Tranny, but have had no luck in finding 1 sold separately. Does any one know where I can score 1. What is a good JDM shop to go to.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
There is really no confirmation that the JDM VTEC auto transmissions are any different than the non VTEC ones. If you find information that says one thing you will quickly find something that refutes that. Just a piece of advice.

quickmr2

Thank you for all the good advise. If I replace the torque converter, is there a performance one that I can get? If there is, what is the difference between the performance one and stock. Will it make it shift harder.