Tree's...Roadster?

treeafodo

Austin
My Dad and I went to the Nascar race in Michigan yesterday. It was a good day despite lots of rain. On the way home we stopped and picked up my newest package.
Another Large Box by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

I didn't open the package until after work today. Today was my first day at the new job. It went really well.
The contents of the box.
Fender Flares by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Tuckin99 N2 Flares by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

Then I did a quick test fit.

One word: WIDE
Tuckin99 N2 Test Fit by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

The fitment is really good on these. Much better than my Juibirides which really isn't too bad.

treeafodo

Austin
My fabricator and I met up today to discuss this build and to set up further meetings to try to finalize what I'm looking to have done. We're just tying up a few loose ends before pulling the trigger on the car. The initial deposit has been paid. Expect this build to start getting crazy in the next few weeks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ted's Owner

On to Integra number two!
My fabricator and I met up today to discuss this build and to set up further meetings to try to finalize what I'm looking to have done. We're just tying up a few loose ends before pulling the trigger on the car. The initial deposit has been paid. Expect this build to start getting crazy in the next few weeks!

It wasn't crazy already?

R13

The other asshole
The last 8 months have been serious prep work, parts gathering and engine building, the real s***'s just getting started :D

Have you put any thought into what wing you're gonna put on it?

treeafodo

Austin
The last 8 months have been serious prep work, parts gathering and engine building, the real s***'s just getting started :D

Have you put any thought into what wing you're gonna put on it?

This.

I'm not sure which exact wing it'll be, but I can tell you it'll be huge. It'll be as wide as the car and mounted at (or just above) the roofline. Tied right into the frame - no crappy trunk mount.

R13

The other asshole
I say go wider than the car. :lol:

treeafodo

Austin
Track beast status. Also I'll probably be selling my Work wheels to run something even wider. Not 100% sure though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

treeafodo

Austin
More prep work getting the Hobo ready for fabrication.

I've been working 75-80 hour a week lately, so my time spent on the car is very little.

Got the dash bar out of the dash so that the steering column is in the right place for Gleason.
Removing Dashbar by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Vents out by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Dash Bar Removed by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

I feel like this thing could self destruct if you touch it the wrong way. It's pretty brittle. A couple of the tabs broke while removing the screws. Nothing we can't fix.
Bare Dash by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

Dash bar installed in the car.
Dash Bar Installed by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

Then I got to work with removing the last of the undercoating on the car.
Wheel Well by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Clean by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

Then I coated the entire underside of the car with rustoleum paint so that it wouldn't rust. Terrible spray paint job. haha
Runny Paint by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Runny Paint by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

Then I reinstalled the rear subframe. I did this by myself with my sketchy jack. It wasn't ideal, but I managed.
Installed Rear End by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

Different view of the subframe.
Hello Subframe by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

This shot is a teaser for tomorrow (as long as the weather is nice). First time the car has been off jackstands since March 17, 2015 (post 198). I forgot how small this thing is when it sits on the ground.
Teaser by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

I can proudly say that the Hobo is now rust free other than the rockers which I pointed out at the beginning of this thread. It's been a LOT of work removing all the undercoating and any surface rust, but it'll be well worth it. :)

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
Man this is a cool build :thumbs up Never read up on a miata build so this is exciting haha they're practically like big gokarts.

treeafodo

Austin
Man this is a cool build :thumbs up Never read up on a miata build so this is exciting haha they're practically like big gokarts.
Even in stock form they feel just like a gokart. They're super fun little cars.

Alright, here it is. The last photodump that I will be posting while the car is in my possession. Enjoy it because pictures after this will be whenever my fabricator sends them or I go to his shop.

Interior as it sits. Keep in mind these are just rough cuts to help ease Gleason's job.
Interior by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

More than likely the last time you guys will ever see the engine bay like this.
Engine Bay by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Engine Bay by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

Then I rolled the chassis outside to clean up all the crap on it from cutting.
Rear View by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

The trunk the last time you guys will see it like this.
Trunk by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Trunk by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

So much dirt!
Dirt by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

Last time you guys will see the interior like this.
Interior by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

Then came another flare mock up.
Above Shot by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

treeafodo

Austin
One last post since there is a 15 image cap on posts.

These few shots were from last night. The car is still dirty, but man. These flares are sexy. So much better than pictures can do justice in my opinion.

Booty by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
TUCKIN99 Flares by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Night Shot by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Night Shot by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

It's pretty funny to think the only reason I started to tear this car apart was to take care of any surface rust and clean it up. I was originally planning on just mild flares and roll bar. The car was still going to be an inline 4, full interior, heat/blower fan intact and mild tubefront. I was planning on having it just a fun summer cruiser car. I remember thinking when I sold my soft top "What am I doing, what if I want to put the top back on it? I'm ruining this car." Over the last few months I've had some crazy ideas pop into my head and I've acted on them. Now the car is gutted and chopped waiting to be turned into literally a street legal racecar.