Trying to bring these back to life

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
Trust me, I know about shipping cost to this corner of the country...lol.
I'm actually trying to work out a shipping plan or something for customers to increase sales.

Either way, when it comes to getting rid of the curb rashes properly, there are many techniques, but the fact is that material is gone, so you have to 'grind' down the high spots to even everything off.
Therefore the trick is to grind down to the lowest point of the 'groove' ( hope that made sense )

The other trick is to now make the rim even all the way around which involves grinding uncurb parts of the rim. This is done to help balance the rim as well as keep it looking good.
Just imagine a rim on a balance machine and while it's spinning, all you see is continuous waves....lol

That by itself is a process using various grits of sand paper, or flap disks on an angle grinder with surgeon like hands. When it comes to the polishing, it's almost the same process, but with much higher grit sand paper and rubbing and polishing compounds.

If you want a professional finish, it take alot of time and patience.
I wish we could get a shipping procedure down that's one flat rate under a certain weight. And thanks for the tips on the rims. I'll probably pull valve stems and weights, and sand it down nice and even. Then paint her and get a new set of low pro 15s. Its a long patient road to get them back to what they should be but Id rather do that than buying some eBay $400 rims

SoundEfx

Be careful what you wish for, because those rims are NOT the easiest to get back to a perfect state due to the small space you have to work with.

After 5 hours of work on ONE rim, you might be looking on craigslist for a new set.....lol.

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
Be careful what you wish for, because those rims are NOT the easiest to get back to a perfect state due to the small space you have to work with.

After 5 hours of work on ONE rim, you might be looking on craigslist for a new set.....lol.
I'm running 17" Saturn ion rims now. I can afford to put some hours into it to not have those ugly rims but I get what your saying with how time consuming it is