Vtec Problems

fatpanda4756

so im baffled right now.. 2 days ago i was just doing regular maintenance to my 94 integra. it has a b20vtec with a em1 head. vtec worked then i took off the vtec solenoid to clean it and after putting it back on my vtec doesnt kick and anything after about 5.5k rpms is doggish... any suggestions?

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas

fatpanda4756

i have and i went over the oil the tps the solenoid and wiring.. like i said it worked until i took it off to clean and when i put it back on it didnt work.. i ripped apart the wiring to see if maybe the wires go disconnected somewhere and nothing... i saw some ppl testing the solenoid on the battery putting the top on the neg side and the wire on the pos side to see if it works.. will that hurt the solenoid at all?? or is it ok to try it

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
solenoids just see an electrical signal and then they open thats all.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
This is a pain to diagnose without proper tuning tools. The likely causes are usually electrical, tuning or oil. Since its the stock ecu we can rule out tuning but we also can't see if the Ecu is trying to enable VTEC. Check your oil pressure. Its usually a plugged VTEC screen that is behind the solenoid.

GS-ZX6-R

Check Oil Levels +1
New oil filter so you get a good flow, and check the solenoid filter +1
If that doesn't work, you need to replace the entire thing.