what block to build 2 choices

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Haha thanks man, I too believe it building over time. No sense in rushing something, thats when shit gets fucked up. BTW if he emails back tell him Josh Moore with the 4dr Teg sent you

90tegwhite

Keep Droolin' Im Spoolin'
will do man!! reading your build holy man!!! glad all i have to do is work the engine and tranny... my body and interior are mint!!

Prozon

Kris
And Josh is like 40k into his build, and it's not even done haha. Speaking of Josh, great link man. I think I may have to go through this guy when I build another motor!

David.95LS

Delwarian
sell whichever block isnt in the car, keep crank. pick up GSR block, align hone for LS crank, and pick up forged LS rods and whatever bore pistons you desire. Ditch squirters or bend the nozzle to fit pistons. Boom! poor mans GSR stroker, youll have the torque of the LS and the reliability of the GSR block with the block bracing (im not sure if you can run the girdle....anyone know?) and no sandwich plates for LS/B20 vtec! and you can tell people its a stock GSR :thumbs up

Last edited:

90tegwhite

Keep Droolin' Im Spoolin'
sell whichever block isnt in the car, keep crank. pick up GSR block, align hone for LS crank, and pick up forged LS rods and whatever bore pistons you desire. Ditch squirters or bend the nozzle to fit pistons. Boom! poor mans GSR stroker, youll have the torque of the LS and the reliability of the GSR block with the block bracing (im not sure if you can run the girdle....anyone know?) and no sandwich plates for LS/B20 vtec! and you can tell people its a stock GSR :thumbs up
ya i not going no poor mans route on a turbo build

David.95LS

Delwarian
ya i not going no poor mans route on a turbo build
Yeah should have used better wording, but its not in sense poor mans its using a stock honda crank, just a LS crank with a bigger stroke. more stroke=more torque=more power.

same as saying a poor mans type R is a GSR block with a B16 head. not cutting corners or buying cheap parts, just utulizing OEM honda parts to there maximum potential