What gas mileage do you get?

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I have a correction on the mileage I've been getting. I kept track of the mileage I got on a trip I just went on.

Tank 1: I never used the AC, 90% of the driving was on cruise control doing about 73. 27.9 mpg
Tank 2: I used the AC alot and sat in a lot of traffic, lots of stop and go driving, little bit of highway doing 73-ish. 26.1 mpg
Tank 3: This was about 75% on cruise doing about 74, a little city and a little varying highway speed driving and some AC use. 34.7 mpg
Tank 4: Mostly on cruise control averaging 74, some AC use. 28.8 mpg
1,015 mile trip, averaged 29.2 mpg.

I can't explain tank 3, it should've been my third best tank. Tank 1 should have been my best, then 4, then 3 then 2. Oh yeah, and I never went into VTEC once the whole trip if you can beleive it. I'm pretty happy and relieved to see that if I behave with the gas pedal I can still get nice mileage.

On my next tank, I'll drive it like I stole it and see what I get. :) Maybe if it FINALLY STOPS RAINING up here, I can get a track day in on this tank. Fat chance :roll:

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Damn it would be hard for me not to hit V-tec once, If i had it. :cry:

34 isnt bad at all. I wasnt doing bad this tank until today when i decided to screw with some little punk ass in a camaro. I dont care if I lost, I held my own.

PogKai

B20VTEC
yeah, A/C uses a lot of gas.. when i turn it one it the mpg worsen by the double!

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
i get about 27mpg on my B20

thats mostly city driving, if i had all highway, ill bet i could get into the 30s.

when i near 300 on a tank, i know its time to fill up. my light has come on only once since ive owned the car, and it went out in about 2 minutes, so its busted

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
If it's just the little bulb that's burnt out, which it probably is, they're real easey to repalce, evil. If it's the little bulb I think it is, they're less than 50 cents. If it's a 168 bulb, they're only a buck a piece. I recently noticed that my 98 Civic has a gas light spot in the cluster (I saw the little gas pump figure), but it's never lit up since I bought the car in February. Imma get in there a pop in a new bulb someday soon. I almost ran out of gas a few times when I first boguht the Civic because I'm so used to seeing a gas light when I'm low, I would get so low it scared the hell outta me! :lol:
That's pretty sweet mileage for a built B20 though, congrats. Even a little better than my built B18. It's the best to be able to maintain the best of both worlds, big increase in HP and maintain fuel efficiency.

ca86108

ive never used cruised control in my life.. what do u do? just push the button on the side of the wheel and it drives for u? and how can u NOT hit vtec i hit vtec liek 100 times while driving

IntegratedLS

IntegratedLS
How many gallons does the 1992 LS have? Also want to hear some bad gas mileage? I had a 1994 Mazda Mx-3 new air filter, pcv valve, spark plugs and wires, and a new fuel filter and i still got about 17 miles to the gallon now tell me that aint so sh*# i just sold it last night to buy my 1992 Acura Integra LS on Saturday.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
It's usually pretty dumb to run your car below and 1/8 of a tank, anything below that if you have an internal fuel pump like most cars do, will burn it out. Especially cornering hard or under hard acceleration. But i'm at about 12mpg driving nicely in the city, if I tune my injectors and pressure regulator down I can get about 16 or so.

ca86108

wtf ur guys cars are shit with the gas mileage.... i get 30 miles for every 1 gallon of gas... damn near 300 or a little above with full tank.. and i race like fuckin crazy.... this week also i drove 76 miles on GAS LIGHT.. on E full way... and my shit wasnt puttting at all... i prolly coulda hit 85 on E