what motor did a 1991 ls have

teggy/accord

the man you wont to be
Not sure what ur asking.... But if ur question is will a b16 head will Bolt to your block the answer is no.. The only thing that will work Is the sohc f series head or dohc h series heads
And if u can get a b16 head for twenty dollars it's probably junk. as used that head is worth roughly 300 in good shape
i looked at it and it had no cracks in it. the valvs seem ok and no carben on it any where. what all should look for in this head that would indacate its bad. i can tell if sohc head for an f is bad is it the same as looking at the b16 im new to the integra world and been into the accord cb7's for a bit i know i sound retarded asking all these qestion butt i know nothing about the b sereis

Jvest

*GET SHOOK*
Your mainly looking for the same things but there is no way to tell if it's warped and something major without putting it on a flowbench.
I would just buy it and resell it cause it won't work for your motor.. Buy it and I'll give u triple what u paid and I'll pay shipping :D

teggy/accord

the man you wont to be
Your mainly looking for the same things but there is no way to tell if it's warped and something major without putting it on a flowbench.
I would just buy it and resell it cause it won't work for your motor.. Buy it and I'll give u triple what u paid and I'll pay shipping :D
well on that note i will go over there and look at it and see if its a bust ive known the guy for years he is very easly fold ill get back to you

Jvest

*GET SHOOK*
Take a pic of the valve train aka the top of the head under the valve cover. Also there should be a code on the front of the head over the exhaust ports.. Should be pr3-3 or something like that. But take a pic of the code and post both pics on here and I'll let u know if he is full of shot or what :D

teggy/accord

the man you wont to be
Take a pic of the valve train aka the top of the head under the valve cover. Also there should be a code on the front of the head over the exhaust ports.. Should be pr3-3 or something like that. But take a pic of the code and post both pics on here and I'll let u know if he is full of shot or what :D
it was something like p2r2 or something he said i know he said p something 2 i havnt been back over yet

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
Its not about Numbers man. The b1 has great Potential. :thumbs up
there was very little difference between the a1 and b1. most of the internals are the EXACT same. most if that horsepower was made because of the difference in obd years. keep the a1 and boost it

Jvest

*GET SHOOK*
First off idk why everyone keeps arguing over a1 or b1..... op has an ACCORD WITH AN F SERIES!!!!

The head u were talking about was cracked???

Carlos Redmon

Depending on where crack is, it can be welded. The welder needs to know what they are doing or they will make it worst, The only difference Ihave seen between the A1 & B1 internaly is the crank of the A1 is cast and the B1 is forged. All of the parts interchange. No a b-series head will not fit an f-series block. Water and oil passeges don't match nor does the bolts line up. If you have a cracked head in your Accord, I would eather get a H22 engine complete or get a H22 head. The main resason the H swap is so popluar in the Accord is because cost and eas. The H22 will bolt to your Transmission. That means no axles, or special mounts and easier to wire. All that is needed is a V-Tec jumper harness and a ecu to make it work. Some guys use their stock ecu chiped and use a MSD RPM switch. I don't suggest this, as the VTec ecu adds extra fuel at the crossover point. An Apexi AFV-C can be used instead and can perform the same fuction. Still it is better to get the right ecu. The P28 is the universal tuner ecu. It can run any Honda engine when chiped for it. I hope this has been helpful to everybody here.

teggy/accord

the man you wont to be
its cracked in the intake valve on number three cyclender my gess it had a valve dropped and then replaced after head was pulled the crack is about 1/2' long and about 1/2 centermeters deep to my best gess o my motor is a jdm f22a no number at the end i bought it at attarco 1 1/2 years ago just over heated my head and putt a foot crack down the side i checked the block its still good when i finde a good head i can use the hole motor head and all will be rebuilt after market cams pistons crank shaft with bore run n/a with nos

jdmasfck94

jdmasfckk
I have a 91 tegg has b18a1 stock would i be able to boost it without building the motor
leave stock internals and stuff , it has 150k miles on it

Jvest

*GET SHOOK*
Nice thread jack... But check ur compression if it's good then buy a good kit and boost the piss out of it. Make sure u get a good tune