What seems to be another HID thread

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
So I've been doing some research on getting HID's for the car.

What exactly do I need to put them in the teg? I found this add on craigslist, would it be better to get them from ddm tuning? Opinions greatly appreciated:)

DC Guardian

Uniqueness defines
You will need an hid kit, that includes a pair of ballasts, pair of bulbs. I suggest a relay harness as well (not a pair).

Sent from my DC4

Swerve

Shawn
Ddm tuning is just the same as Ebay in must peoples opinions. I never bought from them cause they wanted like 25$ for shipping when i'm in the same state as them.
But Ebay will work fine. I recommend a relay harness as well.

pluckt007

Fat guy in a little coat.
Ebay sets are plug and play. They comewith everything. Take out bulb, unplug it, plug jn balasts, wires for new bulbs, bulb, put it back together super easy. HOWEVER, they can come with differnet ballasts, one shinning white the other shinning blue. Buyer beware...

DC Guardian

Uniqueness defines
Ebay sets are plug and play. They comewith everything. Take out bulb, unplug it, plug jn balasts, wires for new bulbs, bulb, put it back together super easy. HOWEVER, they can come with differnet *ballasts*, (((he meant bulbs))) one shinning white the other shinning blue. Buyer beware...
That would be the bulb, not the ballast.

Ftfy

Sent from my DC4

DC Guardian

Uniqueness defines
o_O really? You must have had a different wattage-output ballast, because all it does it put power out, the bulb is what creates the color. You could keep the same ballast and try all the colors of the spectrum by changing bulbs.

im curious though... how DO you know..? Hehe

Sent from my DC4

DC Guardian

Uniqueness defines
9005 in the highbeam, not sure for low beam, 9006? Idk. This is for oem headlights im assuming?

Sent from my DC4

gsr_nikhil

9005 in the highbeam, not sure for low beam, 9006? Idk. This is for oem headlights im assuming?

Sent from my DC4
Yeah these are correct. And I have DDM Tuning's 6000k HID kit and the only problems I've had are the bulbs not matching color wise or them burning out. It is kind of a pain to deal with but they are pretty good about sending out replacements and whatever else is necessary.

kwheels

DB <3
I've recently installed a SDX HID kit from amazon... 40 shipped(2 day via prime).
You need to know:
The stock bulb size you are trying to replace
the color temperature you want
and if you want 35w or 55w(35 seems to be standard for HID's)

So my search on amazon was for 9006 5000k HID kit

The install was the easiest car mod I've ever done.... unplug stock bulbs, unscrew bulbs from headlight housings, plug in ballasts where stock bulbs used to plug in, and (without touching HID bulbs) twist them into the bulb socket. Find a place to mount your ballasts and your done... entire process took less than 20 minutes, and this is the first HID kit i had done, and first time I had changed bulbs on my integra

gsr_nikhil

How do 35w and 55w compare? I have 55w but am having issues with one side flickering sometimes. Is that a bad ballast or bulb?