What to do, what to do. JOB OPP, need opinions please :)

Who do I go with?

• Total voters

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
Alright, So here's my situation. I can't decide what I want to do. I currently work with a company called VendorSafe where I am essentially customer support/lower-level technician for commercial firewalls. I love my job and I make good money for a college kid (12/hr). On the other hand, I have received an offer from AppleCare, apple's customer service branch...There, I would be answering people's questions about Apple products when they call 1-800-MY-APPLE. Most people would jump at that offer any given day, but here's the predicament. My current boss has also discussed a promotion already with me making up to 15/hr and being a lead intern. I think both that promotion and Apple would be awesome on my resume, but I honestly can't decide which I should do. So I'm making a list, and would like to hear some other opinions, brainstorming always helps my decisionmaking.

Apple
Work at home
free computer
awesome on resume
working with products I love
10.75/hr + 50 month for phone/internet expenses + possible tuition reimbursement
40 hours over the summer and 16 during semester
Retention Rate out of college: ~25

VendorSafe
Close to home
promotion within an internship is great on a resume
enjoy working environment
12/hr (promotion would be 14-15)
~30-35 hr summers and 16+ during school.
Retention Rate: ~75%

The Retention Rate plays a big role in my decision...I think I would have a forsure job out of college with VendorSafe, using the intern promotion as an indicator.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i was thinking about the apple job. I would do it if you can work at home, i didnt know the program was outside of CA, as i was told Sac State (my school) started the program. Im waiting for my lazy ass friend to turn in my app to the store.

goofygamer

I would choose VendorSafe. One, it's more social. You go to the job and people can inspect your work, see how well you perform, and you get to meet your boss face-to-face. Working from home, you cannot ask anyone to be your reference if you're looking for another job because you will only deal with customers that calls for your help. Also, the retention rate is much higher and your boss is discussing a promotion with you. As your boss is visually able to see you when he wants, you two are able to communicate in a more "connected" manner, compared to probably speaking to some manager on the phone about how you're doing with Applecare. I think when you're looking for a job after college, employers seek people who are able to interact with people face-to-face and on the phone.

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Dunno, the apple one sounds like it has better benefits. For the long run, gotta say apple. Your choice tho haha, good luck either way :)