skunk2 cams
skunk2 cam gears
skunk
vaule/ springs

3rd idea
ls turbo what should i do

and is a lsVtec faster than a gsr

Baldy201

if you swap out the crankshafts that defeats the purpose of doing a LS/Vtec swap. The reason the LS/Vtec are done is the increased displacement due to the stroke. the cheapest way would be choice 3. if you do a basic turbo you will get good HP numbers and still be streetable.

209SpoonDC2

you could go two ways. these would be my choices:
A. 96 spec JDM ITR swap; it's still OBD1, and it's 200 hp stock.

B. LS-vtec w/CTR pistons, Spoon 2ply head gasket, B16 head w/Skunk2 stage II cams and full valvetrain.

Choice B would produce alot more torque, but may not be as reliable as choice A. It depends how much you wanna spend and what you're using the motor for. If you run the 1320, or street race I'd say pick B. But if you're like me and you roadrace, A is the only way.
BTW: I didn't mention the whole turbo thing only b/c I like N/A the best.

Good luck on whatever you choose. :D

Last edited:

inline4four

I'll tea bag your face!!
I've said it once and I'll say it again. B18B/A engines are great for boost. if you want to be fast at the cheapest possible then just boost the B18B. if you want to run all motor. LS/VTEC is a great way to go. just make sure you build your shortblock so you can rev it. LS/VTEC will pull on a GSR but they arent as reliable if they arent built to rev. IMO this is what you should do: 1:boost your B18B or 2: put on a VTEC head, port, CTR cams/valvetrain, eagle H beam rods, forged 11.5:1 pistons(brand is your choice), ITB's, Mugen header, Greddy exhaust. if you still want more power, get bigger cams and put money into tuning if your N/A if boosted, bump the boost, build the shortblock, up your fuel and ignition sys. and SPEND MONEY ON TUNING.

Exodius

inline4four said:
I've said it once and I'll say it again. B18B/A engines are great for boost. if you want to be fast at the cheapest possible then just boost the B18B. if you want to run all motor. LS/VTEC is a great way to go. just make sure you build your shortblock so you can rev it. LS/VTEC will pull on a GSR but they arent as reliable if they arent built to rev. IMO this is what you should do: 1:boost your B18B or 2: put on a VTEC head, port, CTR cams/valvetrain, eagle H beam rods, forged 11.5:1 pistons(brand is your choice), ITB's, Mugen header, Greddy exhaust. if you still want more power, get bigger cams and put money into tuning if your N/A if boosted, bump the boost, build the shortblock, up your fuel and ignition sys. and SPEND MONEY ON TUNING.
if you decided to go turbo wut kind of internals of the engine woudl you hafta upgrade?

Todd

token ex-mod
at low boost with a god tune you wont have to upgrade them at all.....

inline4four

I'll tea bag your face!!
Todd said:
at low boost with a god tune you wont have to upgrade them at all.....
exactly. low boost meaning 11lbs tops (assuming your fuel system is up to date otherwise 9lbs on stock fuel sys.). any more than that and I would recommend eagle H beam rods and JE or CP forged pistons. and dont get pistons with lower than stock compression. turbo honda's love 9.0:1 compression. it will make you boost fast and with forged pistons you'll be fine. you could also sleeve the block with dart sleeves or just put a nuformz block guard. sleeving is better of course but costs $500 for the sleeves and another $500 to have them put in (you need a machine shop to put them in). my friend has this setup (block guard,CP 9.2:1 CR forged pistons, eagle H-beam rods) and it worked great when he had his turbo. He is running LS/VTEC now, says turbo was high maintenance......

Black_GS

do up ur LS motor we got same motor ....its a strong block...just do it up nice...breathers and exuahst port poslish..CTR cams..make sure u get OBD 1 cpu if ur car is 96 and less...its better then OBD 2 less restictions ..then aluminemn rad...and u be running low 13 wit no V-Tec ......V-tec overraded....people with LS/RS/GS know that...even put a little shot of spray or either,,the block can handle it trust me....

inline4four

I'll tea bag your face!!
Black_GS said:
do up ur LS motor we got same motor ....its a strong block...just do it up nice...breathers and exuahst port poslish..CTR cams..make sure u get OBD 1 cpu if ur car is 96 and less...its better then OBD 2 less restictions ..then aluminemn rad...and u be running low 13 wit no V-Tec ......V-tec overraded....people with LS/RS/GS know that...even put a little shot of spray or either,,the block can handle it trust me....
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. CTR cams on a B18B?!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha 13's with a p&p, a OBD1 conversion and an aluminum radiator?!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. VTEC overrated on an N/A car?!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. :slap: :wak: :crazy: :wtf: :kickass:

dc2nr

inline4four said:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. CTR cams on a B18B?!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha 13's with a p&p, a OBD1 conversion and an aluminum radiator?!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. VTEC overrated on an N/A car?!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. :slap: :wak: :crazy: :wtf: :kickass:
i 2nd that