What's this black box?

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
So while i was doing some wiring today, i noticed a black box underneath the dash by the fuse box. im thinking its some kind of factory alarm/dealer option. There arent any labels on it, just some weird nobby thingy. When i got the car, i didnt get any remotes with it and i dont see any sirens in the engine bay either so im not too sure what it is. Dont wanna mess with it unless i know what it is. If it is an alarm, is there a way i can have a remote programmed to it and are these alarms even worth it?

Last edited:

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
lol i know where my maintenance required button is at. I think its a car alarm but im not sure..

whitedc4

theres a really good gps system called "black box" maybe thats it :/
supposed to be better than lo jack and what not.

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
lol i dont think thats what i have... i think its some shitty alarm thingy. i hope its not like super wired in there to the point it becomes a headache to take apart.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I've been into auto electronics for as long as many of you on this site have been alive, and I don't even know what the heck that is, heh. Can you see a brand name and/or model number on it? I'd look for that and Bing it. How about wires, you see any coming out of it? How many and what colors are they?

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
Thanks for all the replies. There are no name brands that i can see on it, but i can see a bunch of wires coming out of it. Ill take a picture here shortly to show you guys.

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
so when i went to take another picture of the black box thingy, i came across another bigger black box that was well hidden. I think this is my car alarm? It also came with this other thingy with a spring end and a lightbulb thingy on the other end. I couldnt find a name brand on it anywhere.