Which alarm system should I get?

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
Sorry for offending you. I didn't mean that YOU are dumb, I just mean it's a dumb idea. Each of your alarms connect to the same circuits so it's totally pointless. And for the expense, you could get a gps tracking system.

BlackDC2

VTEC MANIAC!
Sorry for offending you. I didn't mean that YOU are dumb, I just mean it's a dumb idea. Each of your alarms connect to the same circuits so it's totally pointless. And for the expense, you could get a gps tracking system.
I Said:
best if 2-3 alarms separately, all with individual immobilisers, one for ecu power line/fuel pump/ignition coil (-) terminal, and u can add some more
I meant separate independent to each other, when I wrote this I was talking about having backup battery's for each of them or one hidden backup battery for all of them, so its not useless pointless, and my bad - I forgot to mention it and GPS tracker system(installing myself to my DC2 this weekend with a second battery backed up siren and extra battery for my alarms separately from the car circuit), killswitches/immos for different ignition components are very important, but they must be hidden well, its not under steering wheel job when we're talking about this, car is pretty much stripped if you want to get job done well.

Its cool man

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
No, sorry man. That wont help you the slightest bit. Give up the idea of multi alarms. It's dumb. You need a remote for each alarm. Each alarm connects to all the same wiring. Even if you put the alarm's starter kill relays on different circuits (which you could do with one alarm), that doesn't give you any benefit. Having each alarm on it's own battery backup is no better than one single alarm on one battery backup.

You can't have a battery backup separate from "the car's circuit". Power is power and all constant 12v is continuous with the car's battery.

One alarm on two start-critical circuits, stealth installed, a battery backup, a second siren on it's own fuse, a kill switch on a third start-critical circuit, and a glass break sensor is all you need. A GPS tracking system is a huge benefit and you should have one on a show car or a Type R. But most people aren't willing to pay the additional expense and the yearly fee for limited vehicle checks.

I've been doing this for almost 10 years. Click my sig. And thank you for being cool even though we disagree.

BlackDC2

VTEC MANIAC!
Now I recognize you man :)
Ive been trough your website some good long time back...
The thing is, that Backup battery separate from cars circuit is possible, I've done it before and Im doing it again. Make a small and simple circuit board with diodes, relay and resistors, the major rule is to keep backup battery on charge along with cars battery when ignition is on/motor running, but not to transmit power back to cars circuit system from the backup battery and only to the alarm equipment connected.
separate relays on at least two separate alarms is not bad Idea, one relay for ECU power, other for coil power, or fuel cut,(note - u dont have to get second alarm wired to anything just to spare siren inside of the cabin and relay to i.e. ECU power,so if u park your car somewhere u dont wanna arm 150% u just use one general keyfob which does everything as major alarm system, and if you leave your car out for longer just hit the button on other keyfob to activate second alarm and cut ecu power off i.e.) and make few killswithches is important too, gps is no exception the probably most important if you want to hold on to what u have.

BR

Last edited:

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
That functionality is already built into the 520T module.

Let it die!! LOL. There is no benefit of having two alarms over having one! You can do everything you described with one alarm using the ground-when-armed output and as many kill switches as it takes to let you sleep at night.

Keep up the fight!