WTF did I do to my GSR Blades?? Pics inside....

red00lght

I was considering skipping all the sanding/polishing/etc.... and just getting them powdercoated gloss black. I have a silver 4 door Teg, so I think it may be a good color combo....

BUT, I was quoted $85 per wheel and if they have to sandblast it, it would add another 150. That is starting to get very expensive and I'm not even sure how it would look, so I'm leaning back towards stripping the wheels...:roll:

mirrorimg

Dont paint your wheels black. It makes it so much more difficult to see the stying of the wheel through black paint. It hides the beauty of the wheels. I drop and shake my head every time I see someone with black wheels.

what is a 40 year old doing polishing blades in the first place? your screwed man,,, sell them or paint them, maybe dip them in chrome. :retard:
This is what he's trying to do...

Exactly how blades should look, not painted or chromed.

Last edited:

jznsn2u

what is a 40 year old doing polishing blades in the first place? your screwed man,,, sell them or paint them, maybe dip them in chrome. :retard:
When i'm past 40 ill still be working on my cars. spectre your trippin.

strip the rims of the clean, polish. it'll have a more shiny look than stock although you would have to polish every month. Shoot it with 1-2 coats of clear and you should be fine achieving the stock look and wouldn't have to polish it every month. oem look is best imo, I don't really like seeing blades being painted. It's like when you see altezza chrome rear lights, you think 'why did you do that, oem looks way better.'

Last edited:

red00lght

I found out what is going on with the wheels today. I tried to strip the clearcoat, and it just made the wheel a big mess...so I took them to get sandblasted at a powdercoating shop. The owner explained that the wheels had been previously powdercoated with the stock, chrome look, but weren't clearcoated, so that is why they turned black with any sort of polish and there was no clearcoat to strip! Damn EBAY!!!!

So...now I'm having them sandblasted down, and powdercoated gloss-black and clearcoated. I know it is a risk looks-wise, but I'm hoping it will turn out ok on the silver car with dark tint. These will turn out to be very expensive blades. :roll: Wish me luck!!!

Rich-PMS

That would explain everything.

Sigmas I have a sandblast cabnit, I never have to worry about this kind of stuff :)

make sure you post pictures once they're done!

red00lght

Blades don't look good black. Or at least I don't think so. Good luck with them.
Well, I hope for my sake you are wrong! I tried to find a pic of black blades on a Teg and couldn't find any.

Oh, well....this was just supposed to be my daily beater anyways.....lol

mirrorimg

Well, I hope for my sake you are wrong! I tried to find a pic of black blades on a Teg and couldn't find any.

Oh, well....this was just supposed to be my daily beater anyways.....lol
Black just drowns out the blades. To me, I think of steelies everytime I see any black wheel.

Versus...
Polished blades.

Last edited:

sinful_dc2

sinful_dc2
hahahah i seen the funniest thing today ... some lowrider dude had chrome plated steelies on his lowrider civic hahahahhaha wth ????

red00lght

OK....I'll admit the polished ones look better than the black ones, but since my rims were heavily powdercoated already, polished just isn't an affordable solution at this point. :(

Actually, the black ones didn't look as bad as I expected, and I think they may just be alright on a silver Teg....thx for the pics!

In any event, they will look alot better than what is on there now.....

and I already have enough polished wheels to keep clean on the denali...

I'll create a build thread of the progress of the Teg. :D

DCGuy13203

had blades, fat 5s, ls meshies and special edition "sunflowers". by far the sunflowers are the ligther 15 inch oem honda/acura wheel then other honda wheels.