Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

94RS

No fucks given.
The Ruck is definitely staying around, it's just on hold until after the Integra is fixed. I figure my big bore 50 is now toast since it's spitting oil and smoking like hell, I may as well get something else to ride until then.

Plan is to get the C70 ready for the street (needs brakes and an air filter/carb tuning), then get the Integra back on the road. Then after all is settled, GY6 swap the Ruck. :D

I paid $500 (he wanted over 1k a week ago) for it and it's already bobbed to my liking, has a Lifan 125/4-speed swap, NCY quick pull throttle made for a Ruckus, and an FMF exhaust.

OneFastGSR

Rode the cbr like 100 miles today, Learned it does not like to start when warm, If it's over 170 degrees or so it acts like it has a low battery when it's full charged. If I let it cool down for a few minutes it'll start right up. Weird. Also learned where 1 vacuum leak is. Also learned it likes to get extremely hot when in stop/go. I think I read the cluster say 270 degrees at one point? that's not good lol

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
Rode the cbr like 100 miles today, Learned it does not like to start when warm, If it's over 170 degrees or so it acts like it has a low battery when it's full charged. If I let it cool down for a few minutes it'll start right up. Weird. Also learned where 1 vacuum leak is. Also learned it likes to get extremely hot when in stop/go. I think I read the cluster say 270 degrees at one point? that's not good lol
WTF. THAT IS WAY TOO HOT. Holy shit.

And I thought my bike was hot at 228..

My fan kicks on at 220. If it goes over 230 degrees I pull over to let it cool down (never had to do that yet).

I HIGHLY recommend you do the same. Or that shit will be toast.

R13

The other asshole
The Ruck is definitely staying around, it's just on hold until after the Integra is fixed. I figure my big bore 50 is now toast since it's spitting oil and smoking like hell, I may as well get something else to ride until then.

Plan is to get the C70 ready for the street (needs brakes and an air filter/carb tuning), then get the Integra back on the road. Then after all is settled, GY6 swap the Ruck. :D

I paid $500 (he wanted over 1k a week ago) for it and it's already bobbed to my liking, has a Lifan 125/4-speed swap, NCY quick pull throttle made for a Ruckus, and an FMF exhaust.
You paid $500 when a gy6 is $300?

94RS

No fucks given.
Plus 100 for the mount, waiting to get it welded, then paint. Would have to buy a carb and an exhaust. The Cub is cheaper and less of a headache in the long run.

You're telling me you wouldn't have jumped on something you've wanted for a while if it was dirt cheap? The parts in it alone are worth more than I paid :what: And it has a clean title to top it off.

R13

The other asshole
Oh you wanted it :lol:

I thought you were getting something until the ruck's fixed.

It's pretty cool actually, Like a dirtbike scooter hybrid. :D

94RS

No fucks given.
Nope, the Ruck is gonna be a bigger project sometime in the future. I just got sick of the break, buy something, break, buy something else, still broken bulls***. :lol:

The C70, I've actually wanted one since before I got the Ruck, but around here, IF you can find one, a clean example goes for 1500-2k+.... Which I'd feel bad about cutting up a clean one. This one's already bobbed and swapped, so why not :lol:

This is the kind of thing which originally made me want one.

Which is a pretty far stretch from stock.

94RS

No fucks given.
Figure out why it was bogging, turned out I left the choke on :lol: Adjusted the idle so it would stop dying on me when I cranked the throttle. Also flipped the seat around because the guy had it backwards. The wide end was up front and the skinny was where my ass went :lol:

Can't decide if I wanna pull the Plastidip off the rear shock covers and have them blue or not. They're already peeling :what:

Few more pics

OneFastGSR

Someone's coming to pickup my dirtbike at 7 for $1400. I tried to hold at $1500. He said he'd give 1400 for it. I waited a couple days to see if he'd reply saying 1500 or something and he never did. So I just said if you still want the ktm i'll take 1400 for it. So he said he'll come pick it up today. f*** it, Losing the sale over $100 is kind've dumb, Summer is already halfway over I don't want to be stuck with it all winter for sale. I have like $1550 in it but $150 loss isn't to bad. Got a few riding weekends out of it and a bit of track time