Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SoundEfx

The scorpion helmet I was talking about was the 600 or something like that.

Is it me or does the new position of the rear strut showing on the outside of the bikes make them look cheap.

I guess I have the stigma of the 250's doing that and seeing a bike with the strut showing like that, it looks like a 250 to me.

R13

The other asshole
I'm not necessarily a fan of the look but if the shock is adjustable it makes it a lot easier to adjust.

The 650r's a cheap bike, It's nice though being more upright, The 2 cylinder engine gets good mpg and sounds cool, It's just a cool simple little bike with modding potential.

On the 250 note, It is basically the 650 version of the ninja 250, Same design just more masculine.

94RS

No fucks given.
Just found out the dude that owns Blackie went down on Sunday... Broken collar bone and damage to the Ruck (black/red one in pic) :(

Here's a video of him breaking up some Harleys being gay last weekend :lol:
http://youtu.be/jeEhmQIDFJM

gsr_nikhil

R13 I'm interested in either CBR500F or R. I cannot decide. What are your thoughts on them? Anyone else feel free to chime in

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 2

R13

The other asshole
I... How?

Broken collar bone on a ruckus?...

How do you even wreck a ruckus in the first place? Catch the footpeg? Hit a mail box? :lol:

Sent from my toaster

94RS

No fucks given.
If I had to guess, I'd say with how low he is combine with how shitty the roads are around here, he tried to swerve a pothole and part of the frame caught it :what:

For the size of what it is, 150 swap with a 160 bbk, his bike is pretty damn quick. That's the one that runs pure 110 octane and tops out around 90. I've seen him on the interstate a few times :lol:

R13

The other asshole
Must have some soft ass bones :lol:

There shouldn't be enough distance between him and the road to break bones xD

R13

The other asshole
R13 I'm interested in either CBR500F or R. I cannot decide. What are your thoughts on them? Anyone else feel free to chime in
The F looks better to me but many would disagree.

The R may or may not have a more aggressive tune idk, I haven't researched them much.

94RS

No fucks given.
The F looks better to me but many would disagree.

The R may or may not have a more aggressive tune idk, I haven't researched them much.
Seriously, the only differences are the fairing and the less comfortable seating position.

We really do mean that the CB is identical to the CBR. Same exact steel-tube frame; same exact 471cc parallel-twin making 47bhp and 32lb/ft of torque; same chassis dimensions, non-adjustable forks and preload-only Pro-Link shock; same 320mm single front brake disc with two-piston caliper and optional ABS.

The only changes are in translation from fully-faired to naked. Out goes the fairing to more fully reveal the (surprisingly handsome) engine and the CBR’s fairly high clip-on handlebars are replaced by slightly higher, but much wider flat handlebars

94RS

No fucks given.
You ever figure out which helmet you want to get for the bike you don't have yet, Kurt? :lol:

R13

The other asshole
Definitely going Shark, Icon gear is douchey and very basic, Their shells are also super tiny, I mean they fit fine but they're made so they don't make short small people look like they have a big head :lol:

The shark has the sun shield and just a more proportioned to my body size shell

Still not 100% on the color, Really the only two I like are the matte black and the arma one but energy drink logos are douchey as f***

Sent from my toaster

94RS

No fucks given.
At least it's not Monster or Rockstar :lol: Those are the most overdone shit ever. Hardly see anyone do Red Bull, but I guess they only make helmets for their athletes?

And yeah, Icon is sadly pretty douchey now.. They had some cool designs back in like 08-09, but I only really see the bros that have stretched/lowered 1000s wear their helmets now :lol: The company still makes some cool custom bikes though. That post apocalyptic advertising campaign with a bunch of bikes they did a few years ago was pretty damn creative.

R13

The other asshole
Yeah Red Bull is athletes or custom job only, I know a few places that can do it but it's expensive.

The Just1 arma MX helmet is pretty sick too but I likely won't buy the Shark one just because it's immature having bright energy drink "sponsors" all over you on public roads when you're not even sponsored :lol: You're just some wanna be douche.

Sent from my toaster

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
Just so you know any helmet with the drop down shade won't be as safe as a helmet that doesn't have that. Most of them, if not all, aren't Snell approved.

Sent from my SCH-I435