Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

96LSteg

Jemel
Is a new dealership bike a rip off?
In the situation I stated I dont think so. But when they are brand spanking new and they want almost 20k for one hell yes! The CBRs im talking about are all showroom bikes and I believe the prices will be reduced even more when fall/winter comes around.

Im afraid to purchase a used bike because you cant trust people and at that point you are playing with your life. so I will do all of my dealings with a dealership

R13

The other asshole
:lol:

Injected, I would never buy a supersport with a carb, That's asking for trouble.

R13

The other asshole
Thing about the RC is, Even though they're old and a lot of them are abused, The engines are bullet proof, Many people in the RC51 forums talk about them the same way people talk about XR650R's and I'll just say, If you can break an XR engine you didn't do it by riding it :lol: Those engines make stuff like my b18c1 with 230k and still running strong seem fragile.

I don't need my bike to be a showroom piece when I buy it, I plan on changing the fairings, Exhaust and swingarm (if it's an sp1, I'll switch to sp2) and some other odds and ends, It's a tool to get me to across the states, I'm not gonna buy a piece of shit like my teg :lol: but it's gonna see abuse one way or another.

R13

The other asshole
I just figured carb because of the year. If im not mistaken most SS were carb'd up until like 03-04 right?
Yeah, The RC being a racebike before the production model though got fuel injection, Inverted fork tubes, Large dual disks up front, Digital cluster, It got all the high end stuff even if it is a little dated by now.

96LSteg

Jemel
Thing about the RC is, Even though they're old and a lot of them are abused, The engines are bullet proof, Many people in the RC51 forums talk about them the same way people talk about XR650R's and I'll just say, If you can break an XR engine you didn't do it by riding it :lol: Those engines make stuff like my b18c1 with 230k and still running strong seem fragile.

I don't need my bike to be a showroom piece when I buy it, I plan on changing the fairings, Exhaust and swingarm (if it's an sp1, I'll switch to sp2) and some other odds and ends, It's a tool to get me to across the states, I'm not gonna buy a piece of s*** like my teg :lol: but it's gonna see abuse one way or another.
true! you got me looking into the RCs. Im not a big fan of the headlight though. But I have been reading up on the history of it and how it came dominated the SB world Championship and AMA and it seems like a cool bike. Decisions decisions!

OneFastGSR

You guys are smart not buying a piece of shit like I did. I'm going to try to sell mine for my money back, Or profit if possible. Going to repost after I get all the kinks worked out so I can get maximum $. Good condition 06/07 1000rr in the future

96LSteg

Jemel
You guys are smart not buying a piece of s*** like I did. I'm going to try to sell mine for my money back, Or profit if possible. Going to repost after I get all the kinks worked out so I can get maximum $. Good condition 06/07 1000rr in the future
I read on the CBR forum that there was a real bad oil burning issue with the 07/08 models (more 08) so be careful with that. So far I havent seen any repeating issues with Kawi and im looking at the 13 CBR 1k and the 09+ R1s

R13

The other asshole
Mind you it only gets about 24-26mpg, It weighs almost 500lbs and it's all low rpm torque, It tops out around 156mph.

It suits my taste though, Like dirtbikes (Which as everyone knows I grew up on) V-twins like ducati's and the RC have choppy throttles so you're usually either on or off it, It livens up the experience. :)

And of course there's just the aggressive presence of the bike, Even if it is slower it makes normal inline fours seem small and puny :lol:

96LSteg

Jemel
Mind you it only gets about 24-26mpg, It weighs almost 500lbs and it's all low rpm torque, It tops out around 156mph.

It suits my taste though, Like dirtbikes (Which as everyone knows I grew up on) V-twins like ducati's and the RC have choppy throttles so you're usually either on or off it, It livens up the experience. :)

And of course there's just the aggressive presence of the bike, Even if it is slower it makes normal inline fours seem small and puny :lol:
it is a very aggressive looking bike. Im watching track footage (both amateur and pro) and that thing is a beast I wish honda kept this model going. I would have liked to see an updated V-Twin SS

R13

The other asshole
Me too, Perhaps in a slightly smaller chassis.

I just wish I had one so I would stop talking about them :lol:

Last edited: