Daddy Built Racing's "Quest for 10s part 2" build thread

Muckman

Not a M0derator
It seems like your trap speed should be higher in the 130s. You're spinning 4th gear with slicks?

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
It was blowing tires off plus as I said I lifted in 4th due to car wanting to cross lanes. I'll have to look at the log later and see what we had boost by gear set up as. I know first was spring pressure which is 10psi

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I was just talking to a buddy and he made a good point, two years ago I went 11.2@130 on pump gas. I had no boost by gear, just 17psi in every gear. I am thinking I need to up the boost in 1st gear for sure and possibly in 2nd

Muckman

Not a M0derator
OK I didn't see that you let off. If youre spinning 1-4 already then I dont think throwing more boost at it will help.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I think a combo of bad track surface and too much tire pressure played a role. Like I said, I am going to the 1/8 track next week to get some passes in and play around with settings.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
I hear it. But it also could be tire spin. Did you datalog those runs? If you compare wheel speed to rpm, you'll know immediately if the clutch slips.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Looked at the log, MPH goes down while RPM goes up. I am going to pull the trans later today and inspect everything to see if in fact it's the clutch.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
yeah they are, what's not great is continuous clutch failures. This is the 2nd clutch to go out on me now. The first was a stage 5 after 1k miles, now this one with less than 2k miles has small chunks missing off the disc.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Im not a fan of Comp Clutches. Heard too many failure stories. How much did you spend on that CC twin disc?