F-Bombs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prozon

Kris
OK, Just so you guys know. This thread has nothing to do with why CI has a swearing sensor. If you guys look at Jay Jay's news this even spread to Club Civic too.

Some site vendors who sell there products and give us those great deals are not going to want to deal with a forum that is full of swearing and cussing. So i think Jay Jay picked the right choice. With all of the sponsors that are on here Jay Jay needs money to fund a site like this. When he looses vendors he looses money to fund the site.

Either

A. He shut down CI.
B. He added a swearing sensor.
:thumbs up

Wish people would quit complaining. Lots of cry babies came out of the word work it seems. :roll:

I'd just start beating you Paden, thats how you get things done. :thumbs up
Haha.
Let me put it this way...My mother was a Marine, my father is a retired Navy Sr. Chief. I got popped, things got done. lol I'm still stubborn.

To me, censoring the words is just another form of taking away the accountability of the individuals. Rather than letting others make up their mind about the person who curses(i.e. if they want to continue to converse with them or just write them off as a moron), it leads people by the hand to gently tell them "No, that's not nice".
I think it would be better to learn that an action is not acceptable when you are shunned and excluded by the members of the group, rather than those in power.
That and I hate being told how to speak, well type.

Prozon

Kris
I understand what your getting at, but generally it's not just the language that will get you shunned.

red.line

:thumbs up

Wish people would quit complaining. Lots of cry babies came out of the word work it seems. :roll:
No shit, this thread was started by one. :p
I wouldn't even say most people are crying about it, just voicing their opinions.

And you're complaining about complaining..ironic, no? :)

rockadilla

thats right.
If it were site vendors who put pressure on Justin like that, I feel that as a member in good standing of Club Integra I deserve to know who they are. That way I can show my displeasure of their policies by not purchasing any products from them.
They most certainly have the right to tell Justin that he has to censor his site or they will pull their funding. It's their money, they can support whomever they choose. I also have the right to support whom I choose, and mine is expressed by the refusal to purchase parts from them. Even if it means paying more. Yes, I'm that stubborn. I will pay more to support companies that I feel are who I want to do business with.
x2 id like to know what sponsers are such nazis that they wanna control/change an ENTIRE site before they sponser it. And if it was vbulletins requirement then it is THEM that would be losing out if Justin decided to use another program to host the site.

wonder if anybody cares on clubcivic? time to go find out :lol:

red.line

x2 id like to know what sponsers are such nazis that they wanna control/change an ENTIRE site before they sponser it. And if it was vbulletins requirement then it is THEM that would be losing out if Justin decided to use another program to host the site.

wonder if anybody cares on clubcivic? time to go find out :lol:
I was also thinking that it would be kind of dumb for a sponsor to threaten to pull their sponsorship as I'm sure they generate a decent number of sales from people on this site.
So if that were to happen, it would be more negative for them than anything, and I doubt it would be very hard to find another company to sponsor the site.

I say let the owner of the forum (who's been doing a great job by the way) run the site and let the sponsors sell their product and leave it at that. There really wasn't a need for them to cross that boundary in my opinion (if indeed this was the case..this all seems so silly since it's all speculation from what I've seen..)

Prozon

Kris
I had no problem with not having a censor before you guys started complaining about it. Before everybody started up, I was all for removing it. It didn't bother me having it, but I saw no reason for it.

Now it seems like there are quite a few people who are not mature enough to handle using big boy words.

Prozon

Kris
It's funny whenever you post Ominous I notice I've got a new negative rep with no name signed. If someone has something to say to me they could grow up, or man up and let me know instead of hiding behind the rep system. I'll assume it was you who neg repped me again because last time you got your panties in a bunch I received one from you then too.

Nice your proving my point though, too bad you were bluffing about leaving if you didn't get your way... ;)

Edit:
Oh noes!!! Maybe I shouldn't have said that. I might get more negative rep without a name signed!!! :D

Last edited:

Prozon

Kris
Aww somebody that was preaching about being mature got butt hurt by the rep system. Ironic?
Actually I wasn't butt hurt. I was making fun of you and the joke of a reputation system.
Glad you caught on though. ;)

I never claimed to be mature either. I'm just mature enough to use the big boy words. :roll:

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
The last time I negative repped you it was as a joke, but I did change the value of said rep to zero. Even before I saw you sobbing about it. Take the joke, and find a better way to try and insult someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.