How did YOU hear about Integras?

Brett1414

Searching for that 1 swap
This is a thread that i hope anyone who is willing to share their story of how they discovered Acura Integras.
Since i am starting the thread i might as well go first!
_
Way back when i was into Civics i thought they were the coolest car in the world and i had always wanted one since i was young thanks to Need For Speed :) I moved from South Jersey to Maryland and my neighbor had a really cool car outside their house and everyday i would stop and take 2 or 3 minutes to glance at it. Anyone who was watching me probably thought i was plotting to steal it, but idk i just thought it looked nice.

I'm pretty sure it was a 2003 Acura RSX so one day i went on the computer on craigslist and BOOM! I Discovered INTEGRAS! Ever since then i learned more and more about them and now i am hooked on VTEC and i constantly harass my moms fiance about how GSR's would demolish '98 Maxima's (Even though it would probably be a close race)

R13

The other asshole
*Deep sigh* Fine I'll contribute...

Need for speed underground.

Then I forgot about their existance for years until someone asked me if I was interested in an "acura integra" to flip or something cause I could get it for less than $400, I went and looked at it then bought it, Idk why I just did, Now it's my main car, I'm not even sure why, I had a much more comfortable, Newer mustang...

Sent from my toaster

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
When I started getting involved in cars, i learned about them, so i guess around 2002. I knew what they were before then but didn't really know shit about car except you drove them. I never wanted an integra but I like them

osiris19

Had two civics, crashed second one, integra popped up on craigslist, bought it, fell in love with it. I'm on my second integra now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

randomhobo

automagic user
November, 2007. On my way to work I would stop and pick up a coworker, been doing this for a few months now. I had had my 1993 Toyota Celica GT (short ram, and catback) for about 1.5 years now, I loved that car (also just rolled 99,000miles). Pulling out of his apartment complex I got nailed by an illegal with no license, no insurance, a registration that matched a stolen car (not the one he was driving), but his plates were for the correct car. The officer in all her wisdom let him walk away... I was left with either take my dads car for what I had ($300) or try to fix Ami (my Celica). I guess it's pretty obvious what choice I made.9

I forgot to mention, my original inspiration for my Integra (Lisa) was the first The Fast and the Furious movie's Integra.....

Last edited:

94RS

No fucks given.
^ Ja Rule's Integra? If you were to take off the vinyls/stickers, neon and DTM spoiler, I don't think that car would look out of place today. I'd still drive it :what:

How I heard about Integra's.... Back in 00-01 my brother's friend bought a brand new 01 GSR. I always liked the look of these cars after that, just never really liked Hondas....

I ended up buying my car because I needed a reliable DD (which mine turned out to be the opposite of), and I didn't really want something that I thought was ugly. My pos popped up on CL, went to look at it and fell in love with this headache of a car during the short test drive.

renarudo

Probably from the Best Motoring videos I watched with my friend back in high school....so many arguments over the Accord Type R vs the ITR. Good times.

cborden

Jesus is THE way
I bought my integra then I heard about integras
Got lucky too cause it was a db8 with and itr front swap already and I literally had no clue about any of this. I literally thought for a long time that it had a jimmy rigged accord front end on it and I contemplated buying the oem front end and putting it on and selling the one I had but then I got lucky and figured it out and fell even more in love with it

Last edited:

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I just saw Integra's out on the road and thought they looked awesome.

So in July of 2000, I went just to look at one up close since I'd never even been in one. Found one I liked the looks of for sale at a Chevy dealership, a GSR, black on black, 87K on it, and in nice shape from what I could tell as it was unwashed. All stock too except for an Alpine radio and a small amp running a bass tube in the hatch. They just got it in, hadn't even recon'd it yet, it was just parked way in the back. I tell them I wasn't seriously looking to buy today, I was just looking, but then they made me an offer I guess I couldn't refuse ($8,800), heh. But I did refuse their offer price for my trade in, a 1990 Celica GT, of around $3K, I sold it about a month later privately for $5,500, used that to pay off the small loan I toook out on the Integra - owned her free and clear by that fall.

I still have it today, just over 200K on it now.

Last edited:

meANDmyDB7

actually has an FB6 now.
Grand Turismo 1 on the PS1 over a dozen years ago. Uncle bought it, brought it to my house and used an Integra.

JordanB21

There's this really clean burnt orange integra that was done perfectly that I see parked all the time in a friends neighborhood. They took off all the emblems and it looks stock but super clean.
I loved the unique bug eyes. So I considered it when I was looking for a daily driver, among preludes, celicas, and afew other little tuner cars.

Still one true love in my mustang.

Ryan659

I was in high school when they were still being produced. So, I got into them because they were the new thing. The love stuck ever since. Was only able to some what recently start modding it with quality parts.

First teg was stolen and recovered after the insurance paid me. Pick up this one with the insurance money

The Kev

Vtec? I have V-TAK! Son..
My senior year in high school and the 3rd Gen Integra's just arrived....I thought they looked cool...Like a budget sports car.