Klutch's DB Build Thread

justjdm

DB8 Whore
Looks good man! At least it's a VIS one and not no name brand crap! Looks like it just needs a good clear coat from what I can tell. Not bad for $45!

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Looks good man! At least it's a VIS one and not no name brand crap! Looks like it just needs a good clear coat from what I can tell. Not bad for $45!
Thanks dude :) needs a but more tan clear... But I just plan on painting it anyway :mrgreen:
thats my old hood cole!
Hahaha I thought so too at first, but it came from a dude with a dc front end on an eg hatch :p you're gonna flip if my plans work out for this new car btw ;)

Kinta94

im not kidding that really is my old hood I can tell by the fake vis tag that was put on, look at the hood you can see where i tried to respray clear coat on the top and its faded and cracked like no other

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Nope, doesn't have the decal or the same crack patterns, also has holes for hood pins and an issue on the passenger side from an accident, so unless your car was in an accident, they got rid of your spider cracking and got new ones and got hood pins, I doubt it lol. The label is also placed differently, where it really should be :p

Last edited:

Kinta94

Nope, doesn't have the decal or the same crack patterns, also has holes for hood pins and an issue on the passenger side from an accident, so unless your car was in an accident, they got rid of your spider cracking and got new ones and got hood pins, I doubt it lol. The label is also placed differently, where it really should be :p
Rdarn i got all excited. Haha well id like to meet up some time and crusie with you again.

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
get a ITR wing and convert it to a manual. Theres no fun in driving a teggy with an automatic.
I'd love to.... Prolly won't happen tho /: I've actually figured out how to kinda make it manual in a sense I pretty much pick which gear it goes in to :p probably destroying the tranny but whatever haha
Rdarn i got all excited. Haha well id like to meet up some time and crusie with you again.
lol yeah. But for sure man, it's been a while. Maybe next weekend or something
Been telling him this for a year now.....but don't do the wing, I like yours wingless.
yes we know.... Lol, but I am on agreement. I actual am a fan of itr wings now cause I've seen a couple in person, mmmmm.....

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Well, plans changed, parents are making me keep it (their roof, their rules). Got bored and decided to paint the POS carbon fiber hood checkerboard and touch up my horrendous wiper blades. Here's the results :) All un edited pictures the next 2 posts... And I am aware there are holes in the hood, I didn't bother fill them in because I got lazy and didn't feel like I'm THAT good with Bondo lol. Hood pins on the way to fill em in come payday (wouldn't do it if I didn't have to :p )... Enjoy!

The process:

Bondo work

Sanded down

My weird Candian friend helping me primer it :lol:

Messed up wiper blades

After :mrgreen:

First and second coats of white

And that's all I took with my camera, I'll post a couple pics of the masking and black from my phone...