My daily driver build...99 gsr

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
i personally would repaint it factory ssbp.....soooo sexy

all factory lights and lenses with a nice set of 15-16 inch wheels.....deadly setup there

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Well, you guys have a strong advocate on the color issue...my wife, lol...I asked her what color she thought it should be, and she made it very clear that since I got to do all this to it, she should get to pick the color, and she likes the factory color. Looks like I'm out numbered, haha...:roll:

Integra4door

Very nice, seems like you have the direction your heading in with the car, thanks for posting pics always easier to learn with them

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Ok...question time...I cant afford new cams right now, but I know that I want something along the lines of the Brian Crower Stage 2 or the Skunk Tuner Stage 3's. Needs to have decent street manners, and be able to run with less than 11:1 comp, because I do not want to touch my block, and even if I get flat faced valves for my head, I will be under 11:1. My question for right now is what throttle body would you recommend? I know I don't need a huge one and am thinking 65 mm would probly do just fine. Am I on the right track? The reason I am asking is because mine needs some work, somethin is plugged or leaking as I am getting a ridiculous whistle coming from it at a certain throttle position. I can take it out and clean it...boring...or take it out and replace it...fun:)

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Ok...here is an update! So I have been trying to ignore the blue haze when vtec is engaged, but I decided I have been ignoring it long enough. Did a comp test after adjusting the valves. I have double checked the valves 3 times now, and they are dead on. Engine fully warmed up, throttle open:

#1 195
#2 180
#3 195
#4 200

With a capful of oil, they all jump to 225 +/- 5

So, I'm assuming the rings are on their way out. No way in hell I'm pulling the pistons and then putting stock back in, so I just ordered oem itr pistons. Assuming cylinder walls look good, I'm planning on just doing a hone, with the engine still in the car. Pull the head, pull the oil pan, and have at it. Well, ok, maybe not that simple, but you get the idea. With the head being milled .020, according to the autosealworks calc, this should put my compression at 11.66:1. Still fine for 91 octane and gives me a few more cam options. Sadly, i will still be rocking the stock jdm cams, for now :( That will be next on my list, I just dont have the money to replace the cams yet. I will also be replacing the lma's while I have it apart. Valves are adjusted perfect and I still have a solid tick coming from the exhaust side. I am optimistic it is just the lma's wearing out.

On a side note...you guys win with the color, ssbp it is, lol...

So...open to any advice you guys have. 8urcivic has given me some great cam recommendations, but feel free to chip in any of your own!

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
That color is sex man, I dont think ive ever seen one as clean as yours with it. Oh, and on a non technical note, you should paint your vc red, it would look good :thumbup:

nismoasfuh

if your painting it...it better be the same color lol. Car looks good though and looking for more updates on the motor.

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Alright guys...I truly appreciate all the comments on the color, haha... It is staying ssbp, for fear of a mutiny, and the color is growing on me anyway ;) If we could steer this towards the actual build and any advice you guys have, that would be cool :)

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Ok...update time! Got it all torn apart to replace pistons. ITR pistons are now in, head is back on, and going to install and time the cams tomorrow. Cylinder walls still looked perfect, so I just did a light hone. Measured after honing and my cylinders all measured 3.190...perfect. PTW is .003, and all ring gaps are within spec. I would say there is a good chance it will be running tomorrow :) Here are some pics...enjoy!

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Well, it's back on the road! Everything seems well, and it stopped smoking almost immediately, so the rings are likely seating fine. I probly should have replaced the lma's with new ones, as i still have a fairly loud tick coming from head, but im going to ignore it for now, lol...and yes, my valves are set right, i have checked them over and over, and they are perfect. I'm not too worried about it, it seems to quiet down some once its warmed up. All I really havae left right now that I would like to do engine wise are new cams and then an actual dyno tune. Right now I'm just running a custom tune from phearable.net, and it seems to be working out well. Anywho, thought I would share :)

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Ya...$2800. But I like road trips and travel for work, so I always have lotsa free miles and hotel stays.

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Well, the car has been running awesome, so I am taking a break from the engine and focusing on the body. Here are the main areas I need to fix...the area above the taillight was dented in about an inch. I got it out, but now need to smoothit, obviously. Try not to puke when you see my taillights...they HAVE to go, I've just been focusing on other stuff. I HATE them. I have a fender coming, so that will be on shortly, but it's black. I'll probably just leave it till everything is done and I paint the whole car. There's other dings here and there, but nothing major. Need opinions on the bumper...salvageable?