My daily driver build...99 gsr

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
I wanna see some numbers
Ya, me too, but I'm still running with the stock cams :roll: Once I get money for cams, then I will take it to get tuned. The closest dyno is 3 hrs... So I figured I'd focus on the body some, body filler and primer are cheap :)

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Ok...first of all, I just got cams :) Well, assuming I didnt just get screwed and the cams are in good shape, I got cams. Got a set of used blox b cams, which are the same as Skunk2 stage 2's if I understand correctly. I am hoping my h22 (290cc) injectors will suffice, but we'll see. I'm also wondering how much my header is going to hold me back. I realize a 4-1 would perform better at this point. Anywho, I'll get it put together as is, get another chip burned, and see how it does. Any opinions on my injectors, or my 4-2-1 header are welcome. Or anything else for that matter :)

Also, got a fender and switched back to amber corners. The ambers look waayyyy better than I thought they would!

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
a 4-1 header with a 2.5 collector is your best bet for power.

needs better wheels still....;)

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
I know, I'm a rebel cause I have 17's, lol... After body is squared away, and it's painted, and engine is where I want it, and I have better suspension, then I'll look at different wheels :)

Thanks on the header suggestion, though! I've been looking, but ran into this deal on cams first. Header is probably next.

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
So...my cams never showed up, but I just got my money back for them. Was browsing for another set, hoping to find some used Brian Crower stage 2's (cause I'm moderately broke), but came across a set of brand new blox stage 2 cams. Got them for $250 shipped :) Looking at the specs, the look very similar to Buddy Club Spec IV's.

Blox Stage 2
INTAKE lift - 12.4 mm, duration 270 @1mm
EXHAUST lift - 11.9 mm, duration 275 @1mm

Buddy Club Spec IV
INTAKE lift - 12.3 mm, duration 269 @1mm
EXHAUST lift - 11.8 mm, duration 274 @1mm

I know there is more to it than just that, but it gives me an idea at least. So, I know I need a different header, but other than that any opinions on if I am going to be overcammed or not? I think I may be pushing it (especially with the increased duration), but I think they may just work out ok. Time(and the dyno) will tell :)

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
I also see that the specs are identical to Skunk2 Stage 2's. This is a little confusing, because everyone says the Blox B cams (not the Blox Stage 2's) are identical to the Skunk2 Stage 2's, but the specs are very different. The Stage 2's for each respective brand, on the other hand, ARE identical. Strange...

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Ok...haven't updated this in a while, so figured I'd do so. Blox cams are gone...pulled the vc and saw my exhaust cam had worn severely and had flat spots. Then pulled the head and brought it to the machine shop to have it cleaned and inspected. I've had slightly lower compression on #2, even after a rebuild, and wanted to to have the head gone through. They found 3 bent exhaust valves, 2 of them on #2, and the surface was off, so it is now milled .030 :eek: I got a set of Brian Crower stage 2 cams and will be installing shortly. Next up is a 4-1 header and then tune. At this point I am aiming for over 200whp. Stay tuned ;)

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Ok, so got the head back from the machine shop, and it looks all purty. Here it is, ready to go back in. I just need the time to do it. Might get it at least bolted in today.

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Came out this morning and found this. WHAT THE HELL?!?!?! Just kidding, I'm swapping springs, going an inch lower...

Cman46290

Geez.. dont joke like that... that for real happened to me...

But i got left on a cinder block and a rock... not some nice jack stands :)

Looking good btw... cant wait to hear how she runs after she is put back toegether

MrGurley

************5-0
lol dont install that shit while your sick!!! i dont want to hear the excuses when your vtAk is slow!!

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Haha...actually, you have a good point. I tore it all apart last night. Felt even shittier, went to put springs in today and said fuck it. I did get the fronts in though...just so i could see what it looks like. It's fuckn low! I think it's gonna sit for a couple days, though. Then I'm leavin for a week, so it will sit longer...fuck...