My DD

TheMyth

Sold my build parts for my block, crank, pistons to a friend that was in need. And snagged this. Supposedly it was the last oem replacement ITR shortblock in the country. I had put my itr head back on my current ITR engine, and going today to see if I can get my ported gsr head straighten out. With install the ported GSR head on this new shortblock.

TheMyth

Finally got my cylinder head back from the machine shop. Atleast a machine shop that the guy knows what he is doing. Had 2 previous machine shops almost screw my cylinder head up. But will be getting busy on lapping valves in, installing valve seals and reassembling the head. Then slap it on the new short block.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

R13

The other asshole
Holy shit. That shortblock is a national treasure, not sure I could bring myself to actually assemble that and run it. :lol:

TheMyth

It's definitely going to be used very shortly. Lol
But just got off the phone with my Acura parts guy. He said their is no more ITR heads or GSR heads available. And only 1 more GSR short block available. Certain year RSX typeS heads and blocks are discontinued. Sad to hear this. We are at the point of going to be extinct. Salvage yards/importers/barters is what's left.

R13

The other asshole
Yeah, that makes me uncomfortable when I think about selling my gsr not knowing if it will go to a good place... there's just not nearly as much left as there was 2-4 years ago. Be a shame for someone to get that car with the bottom end having never been touched and blow the shit up beyond repair or have some bad machine work done on it and ruin a perfectly good b18c.

TheMyth

I live in Georgia. There is plenty of machine shops in my area. But i don't trust a single 1 ! I have used several and every single 1 has screwed something up. I was looking at traveling over 100 miles one way to go to a competent machinist. Or I was going to ship my parts to a friend in Utah that builds and tunes, to have his machine shop do my build parts. So I called to inquire on short blocks and was shocked that there was 1 left. That was it. Sold my build parts to a close buddy, and told my parts guys to get that short block secure and shipped.

TheMyth

All-thread to hold the head down so can remove and install valve seals. And my way to hold the head to remove and install the valvetrain.