My DD

gsr_nikhil

Ok. Yeah. You won't have any problems. Just don't rev past factory limiter.
Since mines is a itr, the springs allow me turn rev out to 8700.
How do you know exactly what you can rev too? I assume that's based on the tune?
Also, can I still use the rest of my GSR valvetrain? All I need to switch out are cams and springs?
Sent from my Moto seX using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TheMyth

How do you know exactly what you can rev too? I assume that's based on the tune?
Also, can I still use the rest of my GSR valvetrain? All I need to switch out are cams and springs?
Honda changed springs for a reason. You can run your stock springs and run a higher rev limiter, but there could be bad consequences to pay later. Not saying it's impossible, but there is a chance of failure.
Yes, my tune allows me to rev out to 8700 because my power starts to drop off there. But the itr valve springs control the valve float.
So, use your current gsr valve springs and run stock rev limiter. Or change or the intake valve springs to itr's intake, and change the exhaust springs out to the gsr intake springs to run a higher rev limiter. Unless you want to purchase a while new set of valve springs or switch to aftermarket units.
Choice is yours.

gsr_nikhil

Makes sense. Thanks for the information. I know my way around a motor but when it comes to upgrading valvetrain and internals I'm a little fuzzy. Been trying to gather research so I can develop a plan for my car. Right now I basically have I/H/E and am looking to get more power out of my engine but don't know which way to go

Army74D

gtavila_
My second favorite color on a G3. Uhhh so beautiful!
But wingless would make it look 100x sexier IMO.
Loving the bay setup too.

TheMyth

Well, I'm running out of time. Throwing the red 4dr back together, as my Aunt has given me my blue 4dr back to me. Her son's wife ran the crap out of the car and blew the headgasket. But I would rather have the blue 4dr. So that will be the platform I will fix and use. Just need to get the red 4dr out of my way now.

Getting it back together quickly!

And the blue 4dr.

TheMyth

Got the red 4dr out and got the blue 4dr in and most prepped for the swapping. Only have a few more things and fine out a weekend that I can get line up to get everything swapped over.

TheMyth

Sold the red 4dr this morning. And also started tearing down the integra. Got all the suspension off. And the engine/trans is out.

I still have some stuff to take out. Then will be done with this body.

TheMyth

4dr in sad shape right now. But it's going to get the good treatment!

Installed the rear suspension and hooked up the rear brake lines.

TheMyth

Don't give me too much flack about my rear jack stands!!!. Ran out of stands with 2 cars put up at the same time. They are working for the moment.

zack11122

I used ratchet straps and my garages ceiling to put transmission in.... don't feel bad

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk