My Integra: We've Only Just Begun

Dr Grant

Thinking about giving in and getting a pre painted fender from eBay for 230 bucks. Someone try to give me a reason why I shouldn't. I've read the reviews from previous buyers and they're all good. They ask for your paint code according to the title and VIN. Or if you've had a good experience with this let me know how it went and how the fender looks compared to your oem ones.

95B18BTurbo

If the fender just had surface rust, have it sanded down, primed, and resprayed. The aftermarket fenders will not fit like an OEM one nor will they have the factory VIN sticker on it. As for the bumper, I would have that prepped and resprayed as well.

Dr Grant

Update: Went to advanced auto to use the obd2 reader and got two codes. P0430 (Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 2: CURENT) and P0420 (Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1 CONFIRMED). Can anyone tell me it it's just the sensors or the actual catalic converter? These same two popped up right before I had my emissions coming up and then the check engine light went off on it's own saving myself from spending a dime before the test. And this spring it popped up again and I haven't done anything about it thinking it was just a sensor not needing attention right away. But today I finally got around to go to advanced again and wound up getting the same codes as before like I assumed I would. Any help /suggestions are appreciated!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
I would check everything else before replacing the cat. See if your sensors are going bad or search up the codes on google and see if there is a connection to other problems that make it throw those codes

Dr Grant

Thanks. This is what I found..

P0430:

A code P0430 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:
-The catalytic converter is no longer functioning properly
-An oxygen sensor is not reading (functioning) properly
-There is an exhaust leak

P0420:

A code P0420 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:
-Leaded fuel was used where unleaded was called for
-A damaged or failed oxygen sensor (HO2S)
-Downstream oxygen sensor (HO2S) wiring damaged or connected improperly
-The engine coolant temperature sensor is not working properly
-Damaged or leaking exhaust manifold / catalytic converter / muffler / exhaust pipe
-Retarded spark timing
-The oxygen sensors in front and behind the converter are reporting too similar of readings
-Leaking fuel injector or high fuel pressure
-Cylinder misfire
-Oil contamination

Copyright © OBD-Codes.com

Guess I'll be having some fun soon

zack11122

Stuff a rag in your tail pipe and check for leaks. Best way to do that.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Dr Grant

Stuff a rag in your tail pipe and check for leaks. Best way to do that.

^^ Did this ^^ Doesn't sound like a leak anywhere. So there's that checked off. Think I can safely say that unleaded fuel was always used ha. With all these possibilites I might just have to pay up for a diagnostics test and get a for sure answer instead of waiting time and money on guess and checks..

zack11122

Ask advanced to pull up the data stream of your car. Ask for your o2 sensor voltages. And if you run your hand around the exhaust. Don't touch it. You'll be able to feel the pressure come out.

Dr Grant

Ask advanced to pull up the data stream of your car. Ask for your o2 sensor voltages. And if you run your hand around the exhaust. Don't touch it. You'll be able to feel the pressure come out.

Any idea if this costs much? I didn't run my hand around the exhaust since I dint have my car on wheel racks. I just stuffed a rag and listened for any differences and didn't seem to hear any. Ill be sure to do that tomorrow after work though.

zack11122

It's free if they will do it. Or find a friend with a code reader. If your voltage is 1.2 it's your o2 sensor or wiring.

Dr Grant

Oh you just mean an obd2 reading? Cuz that's what I did when I first posted my problem. Otherwise I'm not too sure what pulling the data stream on a car means

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk