Noob looking for a GS-R sedan

1Beastnstl

I gotta NEED for speed
Yep. My favorite OEM color.
Thanks for the reply. I have two GSR's in my sights in the same price rang in PRETTY much the same condition. Even though this will be a "family project", the vehicle has to run and pass inspections immediately because it will become my DD starting out.

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
Nope. Stay away from customized cars like that. You never know how the owner built it and it will be unreliable. If I were you, I'd buy a stock, or close to stock car.

1Beastnstl

I gotta NEED for speed
Just browsing around the old Omaha Nebraska areas there are a few that you might find interesting. I guess it depends how much of a project you want.

http://omaha.craigslist.org/cto/4046947802.html

Not a Gsr

http://omaha.craigslist.org/cto/4047174315.html

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/3972416156.html

That was just a quick blast through CL to see if there was anything not terrible lol
Thank you!! I'll take a peek and see what is there.

The "project" will have be driveable (it will be my DD starting out) but have potential available. .

1Beastnstl

I gotta NEED for speed
Finding a GS-R sedan will be tough. Have you thought of getting a non v-tec sedan and turboing it?
I'm willing to look into ALL possible options. I'm looking a a couple of REALLY clean GSR sedans in the 6k rang now........

Orrrrrr swapping a vtec engine into it later down the road and turbo! ;)
I was not sure about going turbo. I wanted to see what I can get out of an all motor setup before any thought of a turbo. It was one of the driving forces of wanting a GSR for the higher hp starting number.

cborden

Jesus is THE way
I have a white gsr sedan and love it, its my dd and its awesome. 30mpg, fun to drive, looks nice and its rare plus I got the jdm front end on it. If you could find a relatively decent shell or ls for cheap you could swap in a gsr for cheap. I bought one from hmotorsonline and I love it. still got my spare gsr chilling around. im also located near stl if youd want or need some help with a swap id def be willing. pm me

1Beastnstl

I gotta NEED for speed
I have a white gsr sedan and love it, its my dd and its awesome. 30mpg, fun to drive, looks nice and its rare plus I got the jdm front end on it. If you could find a relatively decent shell or ls for cheap you could swap in a gsr for cheap. I bought one from hmotorsonline and I love it. still got my spare gsr chilling around. im also located near stl if youd want or need some help with a swap id def be willing. pm me
I may have to hit you up for sure. I do have a couple of GSR sedans I'm looking at but the prices are a bit high I think.

Or a b20 block and a GS-R head8)
That block and head combo would give what kind of performance gains?

This is ALL intriguing to me. :lol:

cborden

Jesus is THE way
I may have to hit you up for sure. I do have a couple of GSR sedans I'm looking at but the prices are a bit high I think.

That block and head combo would give what kind of performance gains?

This is ALL intriguing to me. :lol:
I accepted your request, lemme know if you need anything. im going to be coming to stl soon and frequently to work on someone's car so yeah.

I think he( or she) is tryna get at; the b20 block has a longer bore stroke which mean it has the ability to compress more liters of air and the gsr head has very good flow and cam profiles which will allow more air in as well as vtec. which means you will be able to compress more fuel rich air which equals more power plus vtec.