Noob looking for a GS-R sedan

cborden

Jesus is THE way
I don't know if id go through the hassle of a k swap, I believe the engine is much heavier and you only gain about max 20 hp. unless you're planning on turboing or supercharging. id personally do a h swap because; the engine's cheaper, more common since its older, and seems like you get more hp gains for the added weight.

1Beastnstl

I gotta NEED for speed
I don't know if id go through the hassle of a k swap, I believe the engine is much heavier and you only gain about max 20 hp. unless you're planning on turboing or supercharging. id personally do a h swap because; the engine's cheaper, more common since its older, and seems like you get more hp gains for the added weight.

My end goal is to be ALL motor, street, strip and road course project. No turbos, superchargers, etc. Just bolt, delete and tune................

cborden

Jesus is THE way
My end goal is to be ALL motor, street, strip and road course project. No turbos, superchargers, etc. Just bolt, delete and tune................
you need to sort out what you want to do then, swap or not. I think, although ive never done it, its going to take some heavy mods to reach your goal on a b series engine although it is do-able. I believe on a swap itll be easier cause you have a bigger engine with more power to start with but obviously itll be more expensive to get the engine itself and mod it as well as some complications youll most definitely run into.

cborden

Jesus is THE way
Im definitely interested in helping out with whatever direction you end up going. sounds real fun

1Beastnstl

I gotta NEED for speed
Im definitely interested in helping out with whatever direction you end up going. sounds real fun
I def will appreciate the help. One of the reasons I wanted to go with a GSR is the fact that it's 170hp vs 142 for a LS or GS 4 door.

cborden

Jesus is THE way
I def will appreciate the help. One of the reasons I wanted to go with a GSR is the fact that it's 170hp vs 142 for a LS or GS 4 door.
i personally love the b series, and i know alot of people do as well, especially the gsr. i ended up swapping in a jdm gsr that has higher compression pistons and some other minor differences squeezing out another 10hp making it 180. alot of people like the rs though because it doesnt have all the add ons like abs and ps saving weight and then they swap a gsr or type r in

1Beastnstl

I gotta NEED for speed
i personally love the b series, and i know alot of people do as well, especially the gsr. i ended up swapping in a jdm gsr that has higher compression pistons and some other minor differences squeezing out another 10hp making it 180. alot of people like the rs though because it doesnt have all the add ons like abs and ps saving weight and then they swap a gsr or type r in
I probably would try and stay away from multiple engine swaps UNLESS I blow something up. lol For me, it would be better to start with a god baseline motor/chassis then build that up to an inch or so of GOOD reliability (maybe that 240-260hp rang) and be happy.

cborden

Jesus is THE way
I probably would try and stay away from multiple engine swaps UNLESS I blow something up. lol For me, it would be better to start with a god baseline motor/chassis then build that up to an inch or so of GOOD reliability (maybe that 240-260hp rang) and be happy.
i hear ya, you can always just start out with a gsr and if you wanna lose weight you can just delete and sell off the parts. i completely agree with ya

1Beastnstl

I gotta NEED for speed
Any updates on the GSR?
They don't want to come off of 6799 for the car. Its TOO much to drop on a car i know I'll put another 2-3k in as soon as I get it home. I may set my sights on a ls or gs then tinker with the difference between the two motors.
:what::what:

cborden

Jesus is THE way
let me know when you get your hands on one so we can start having some fun. ill keep an eye out for you as well

1Beastnstl

I gotta NEED for speed
TOTAL noob question but how can you tell a GSR from a regular teg from looking under the hood. I found a local car but I have some questions.............

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
GSR have "DOHC VTEC" on the valve cover. But just to make sure its not an Lsvtec, th there's the engine stamp next to the trans. If its GSR, then it'll say b18c1. Regular integra will say b18b1.