Post your PC/Gaming rig!

R13

The other asshole
So you just throw your money into garbage that will be outdated in a month.

It only gets outdated in a month if you're one of those trend whore "gotta have the absolute latest and greatest because social status" people. You can build a PC for 1500-2500 that will last you 5+ years no problem.

The thing is, computer technology isn't advancing nearly as much as it was so if you buy top of the line stuff now, it will still hold its own against the top tier stuff years down the road.

A great monitor cost like 400-500.

The Asus 144hz like I have is extremely popular and very good, it's also like $250.

phatintegra

Banned
Xeon isn't particularly good for gaming, at least not as good as the i7. The Xeon is more server oriented.

I've said this a million times but I'll say it again. The thing that makes Intel better than amd is the fact that they have stronger/more powerful cores. Most games won't use anymore than 2 or 4 cores (usually 2) so by using amd's logic of "more cores=more power" you're just getting a bunch of cores you'll rarely use... And weaker individual cores.
Not if your doing 3D model and rendering. The more core the better ;)

R13

The other asshole
Very true good sir.

The Xeon is more of a work rig processor, not to say it's not good, it certainly is, but the i5-i7 is better for a gaming rig that might do light rendering and stuff like that.

phatintegra

Banned
Been researching on what is the best way to cool down (2) MSI R9 390X in 2 way crossfire since water cooling is not possible for these GPU :(

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Macs are terrible gaming machines, and the amount of games produced for windows rather than Macs are insane.
A great monitor cost like 400-500. And what do you mean run windows? Like the OS. Then technically your not using iOS ... you're using Windows on an apple product. Idk I run Linux most of time anyway. On chromebooks, HPs, and macbooks but it doesn't mean I'm using their given OS . But you can build a really nice pc for under 2k. That's a nice budget to work with I mean most of that is going to the GPU.
You tried making an argument that Macs are inferior because of a lack of gaming. The brand doesn't matter, games run on windows, osx, or linux. You can run windows on a Mac so your point is mute. A really nice PC for around 2k doesn't compare to a really good iMac with one of the best monitors you could buy, at least not in my opinion.

Alfredg94

Shou Ga Nai
This is a gaming thread... that's the whole point. Lol I didn't say apple was a terrible brand, they are great. They don't break. I said for gaming they arent as good as a custom windows/etc pc.. calm your aussie ass down bro.

And your opinion.... this whole thread is opinionated.. lol shut up.

R13

The other asshole
Shut your whore mouth h"rubbingoneoutcuzicantgetpussy", you'll speak when spoken to.

Back in the closet you go.

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
I'm running amd on my gaming computer but I use it mostly for my school work using solidworks and stuff. Runs like a champ.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
This is a gaming thread... that's the whole point. Lol I didn't say apple was a terrible brand, they are great. They don't break. I said for gaming they arent as good as a custom windows/etc pc.. calm your aussie ass down bro.

And your opinion.... this whole thread is opinionated.. lol shut up.
Yep gaming thread, and for the money an iMac is better at gaming than a equally priced PC. I'm calm as a kitten, you're getting worked up cause I called you out on a dumbass statement. You're just another PC fanboy cosigning with whatever garbage you hear on the internet. You want to talk s***, at least know what you're talking about.

Last edited:

Noneed2Hate

Yep gaming thread, and for the money an iMac is better at gaming than a PC. I'm calm as a kitten, you're getting worked up cause I called you out on a dumbass statement. You're just another PC fanboy cosigning with whatever garbage you hear on the internet. You want to talk s***, at least know what you're talking about.
rainbow circle of death

Alfredg94

Shou Ga Nai
Like I said it's all opinion, I work on computers for a living and build PC's almost everyday. No ones a fan boy so know wtf you're talking about before talking shit. I know what I'm talking about, you have a preference, as do i.