Post your PC/Gaming rig!

R13

The other asshole
I just realized I need to update the budget rig in the OP, there's been a few changes this year.

I also need chocolate milk, anyone else want some?

Noneed2Hate

I just realized I need to update the budget rig in the OP, there's been a few changes this year.

I also need chocolate milk, anyone else want some?
I'll take some.

I need to add some more RAM to my system. I'm only running 8gb currently, would like to bump it up to at least 16 gb.

ARMA 3 keeps crashing due to my computer "running out of memory"

R13

The other asshole
Here ya go

You sure it isn't your gpu running out of memory? are you running a 2gb card?

Not saying it isn't possible you need more ram, but I've had to explain to so many people why they shouldn't buy 2gb or less cards. :lol:

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
I need an entirely new setup...
Edit: let me get some chocolate milk also

Sent from my iPhone 2g

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Like I said it's all opinion, I work on computers for a living and build PC's almost everyday. No ones a fan boy so know wtf you're talking about before talking s***. I know what I'm talking about, you have a preference, as do i.
Well you thought you couldn't run PC games on a Mac, so it doesn't really sound like you know what you're talking about.

R13

The other asshole
I need to start a fresh PC pic thread and just have this one renamed to the "help me build a pc/debate how shitty macs are thread" :lol:

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
iMacs are still dumb chinese pre-built hipster s***. :mrgreen:
With a better screen than anything else on the market :D And they've been around long before the hipster... longer than the PC :shock:

Well technically you can't without downloading windows, right?

Sent from my iPhone 2g
Do you not download windows when you you build a PC? Does it just magically appear on your HD? Yes it comes preloaded if you buy a prebuilt PC from the store, but someones doing the downloading.

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
Better looking, yes. I would suspect they probably have some downsides like input lag, slower response times or they're not capable of 120-144hz, which for gaming I'd prefer not to have.

My Asus has really damn good picture, there's a reason why it's one of the top rated monitors on the market.

I don't give a s*** about 4k though, just an inconvenience for a lot of gaming because of textures and whatnot.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
I like that they're space compact, the monitor has everything inside of it. But... Built not bought, I know I'm being a hypocrite but I have my reasons :rolf:

Sent from my iPhone 2g

R13

The other asshole
I just build PC's because it's fun and given enough effort they look really cool.

I didn't build a $2700 beast and then start building an old pre-built because I needed to, and I'm still throwing money at it from time to time, in fact I honestly enjoy using it more than the beast, that little $268 660ti is a monster. I can't wait to get a sabertooth and an i7 in it to see just how good that GPU really is.

Alfredg94

Shou Ga Nai
Are you serious... that's like saying you can play halo on ps4. No, you can play 2k because developers made the game for both platforms. windows games don't work on macs unless it's also compatible with macs.. but you know everything under sun so you're right.. my bad bro. I'm just a stupid Microsoft Fanboy.

Alfredg94

Shou Ga Nai
For ALL windows games to work on your God Sent imac you have to create a partition and download a windows OS... because not all windows games are compatible with Mac OS. Do you get that or are you just blatantly ignoring that fact lol

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
For ALL windows games to work on your God Sent imac you have to create a partition and download a windows OS... because not all windows games are compatible with Mac OS. Do you get that or are you just blatantly ignoring that fact lol
Yea I already said that you install windows. What does it matter if you install windows on your PC or windows on your Mac? Do you even know how operating systems function? They all are created under a partition. Maybe you're confused because the manufacturers usually handle that part for you.

So any windows game can be played on a Mac, just install windows. You'd have to do the same thing if building a PC. If you paid attention I already said all this, so please catch up to the conversation so I can stop repeating myself.