Radio Flyer build

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I'm not sure if I am going to put the radio flyer logos back on, put Daddy Built on it, leave it stickerless or throw automotive company stickers on it. I have also been thinking about powder coating the rims gold but not sure. I may just leave them the way they are.

dlo253

Haha exactly, I would give my kid the world if I could. My mom once told me, "You can't take it with you" so you might as well spend that s***.
Words to live by right there haha.
Lovin that color, and those wheels are sick! Can't wait to see this bad boy. I vote stickerless, but that's just me.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Updates galore!

First things first the new hubs came in.

Secondly I went to the junkyard today and came across a Chevy c10 pickup truck. I got to looking at the mirror and thought it'd look cool on the wagon, so I grabbed it. For $2 I couldn't go wrong. I am going to tear it apart and have it blasted/coated to match the wagon

Lastly the wagon is back from the powder coater and I absolutely love the color. I will snap a couple more pics later today and post them up on here. I can't wait to see my little guys reaction to it being done.

Last edited:

LsTeg97

Power_Hitter
Great Build man...Incredible stuff. Makes me want to build a powerwheels for my step daughter...hehehe..

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Haha do it. We had a power wheels when we was kids that my dad put a car battery in. He also wired fog lights to a toggle switch so we could ride it at night in the yard

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
So I have been going back and forth on how I was going to build the front suspension. I wanted to keep it some what simple, yet make sure it worked 100%. Leave it to my dad to be here 10 minutes and come up with an idea that uses the stock stuff.

I went to Home Depot the other day to grab the stuff to make front and rear axles, 5/8 all thread is what I got. I also picked up these long bolts that I was going to keep the wheel on with as a big lug nut. Well those are now being used as part of the axle. I'll show you what I mean..

This is the piece I picked up from Home Depot (4 of them actually)

This is the stock front suspension, where my finger is pointing to is the portion that is to be cut off

Here it is after it has been cut down

Now take the long nut and put it over the portion of the stock axle you cut down

After you weld this on, you can then thread the all thread into it and secure the wheel with a jam nut on either side

My buddies have gotten in on the action and donated stuff here and there. Today my buddy gave me a set of Stanley side markers from a 1983 Yamaha Varago.

I am hoping to finish the chassis up tomorrow, get it all welded and painted. After that it will be a little wiring for headlights that will be ran through a 6v battery and a nitrous switch equipped shift handle.

Last edited:

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I was going to go low with it, but I figure the weight of him being in there and the fact it will be used quite a bit, just wasn't the right one to slam real low. I just picked up another wagon yesterday, going to build my nieces a 4x4 themed one.

96LSteg

Jemel
I was going to go low with it, but I figure the weight of him being in there and the fact it will be used quite a bit, just wasn't the right one to slam real low. I just picked up another wagon yesterday, going to build my nieces a 4x4 themed one.
You should fab some sweet fenders to go over those tires lol

Sent from the Amazon Rainforest using tapatalk

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
My mom is actually funding the next one so I don't know how extreme it wil get. I have thought about having the body Hydro Dipped. If you don't know what that it, youtube it. I have a lot of ideas in my head for future builds, even including one with Honda rims on it (15" rims)