Shifting an auto like a manual bad?

wobet

RS SPECIAL EDITION? :o
So i have seen people driving automatic cars like subaru's with tiptronic and doing there shifting, but than i see corollas doing it to. and they dont have anything special for it. If i did it in the auto ls would it hurt the car?

XxCaryxX

I dont have triptonic and i shift mine manually sometimes for the past 70K miles.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
If you guys want to shift manually so bad, do yourselves a favor and swap to a manual transmission.

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
yeah i know a lot of people who shift their autos and they always seem to have tranny problems later on

wobet

ya i knew it would fuck it up. I am doing a tranny swap to standard no worrys. that was just a question i asked to show someone else they're idiocy. Am I able to put tiptronic in a acura?

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
ya i knew it would fuck it up. I am doing a tranny swap to standard no worrys. that was just a question i asked to show someone else they're idiocy. Am I able to put tiptronic in a acura?
Sequential transmissions are possible, but very expensive.

XxCaryxX

RSX automatic maybe? Btw Matt, i have been doing that occasionally for 70K miles but nothing is wrong other than a mild slip going into 4th gear when its super cold. :(

wobet

RSX automatic maybe? Btw Matt, i have been doing that occasionally for 70K miles but nothing is wrong other than a mild slip going into 4th gear when its super cold. :(
ya , im probably just going to buy a rsx to drive. much better than a teg. but if your sliping fourth than your probably going to have the problem i did. i broke my transaxel. i wasnt shifting though. previous owner was. it does make your car feel alot fast adn the power band and torque are nutty in the higher rpms. complete waste of a good tranny though

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
ya , im probably just going to buy a rsx to drive. much better than a teg. but if your sliping fourth than your probably going to have the problem i did. i broke my transaxel. i wasnt shifting though. previous owner was. it does make your car feel alot fast adn the power band and torque are nutty in the higher rpms. complete waste of a good tranny though
dont buy a base rsx... spend the extra money on a type-s

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I still wouldn't recommend shifting manually to automatic owners.

XxCaryxX

I still wouldn't recommend shifting manually to automatic owners.
I fully agree! I only do it when im bored now. But used to do it all the time cuz i thought it was cool. (Typical ricer thing lmao) but for fear of it ruining my tranny i only do it when road rage kicks in.

EklipzeR

StOnErZ iNc
what's the price range to invest in swaping an auto for a manual? like the overall with clutch assembly and all. I know price might vary by the charge on labor but what would I be looking at?

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
what's the price range to invest in swaping an auto for a manual? like the overall with clutch assembly and all. I know price might vary by the charge on labor but what would I be looking at?
its all going to vary with labor and the price you spend on parts... so anywhere from 500 to 2000 is probably a safe price range