Small build up thread DB7

k624ash

Im doing a whole lot to my car at once so i thought i would start up a little build thread.

here what i already got

gsr motor

I dont know what this is or why it might be zip tied like that

oil pan was tapped for turbo, i guess ill have to get a new one

The guy gave me this seat for free when i picked up the motor

b16 trans out of a 99 si

clutmasters stage 3 clutch with a 12.5 lb flywheel

brake master and booster out of the same 99si

k624ash

has the block been welded?
the guy i bought it from was going to turbo it, he cut away at the block so the turbo would fit, if thats what you are refering to. and then i guess he thought it would rust so he painted it?
im gonna clean it up, its kinda a hack job, and remove all the spray paint.

k624ash

oh, the guy also tossed what he said was a 9.5 lb clutchmasters flywheel, so ill be puting that up in the forsale section

k624ash

i guess i didnt get any before pics, but the valve cover was spray painted black, i already stripped it down to repaint it.

ill get some pics up once thats finished

k624ash

Thought the "thing" that is zip tied is for your IAB's
why would it be zip tied though?

also what are your guys opinions on what i should do while i still have this motor out.
i already ordered a timing belt/water pump kit, oil pan and vavle cover gaskets, cap and rotor, tyep r oil pump, and a front main seal.

i wondering it i should pull the head off to look inside, but that would cost me like 200 bucks for the gasket and new head studs. but they might be good to replace anyway?

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
That was dumb of him to paint the block, I don't know about cutting away at it, but those are aluminum blocks and aluminum is pourest and needs to breath, if you paint it that fills the pours in and will cause problems. But if it's just that little section it shouldn't make that much of a deal i guess.