Small build up thread DB7

k624ash

got my new oil pan today, ill be ready to start puttin stuff together soon

all i need now is a couple more gaskets and an intake manifold

k624ash

havent posted anything in the thread in a while. but i just put on the brakes and snapped a few pics. i need to take some pics of the motor soon.

also will the fuel rail and injectors from my ls motor work on the gsr?

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
btw how much did you pay for the brake lines?

k624ash

hey guys im finaly putting the motor into the car. I hit a snag though, the rear engine mount doesnt line up to the trans, now this is a gsr motor with a b16 trans going into an ls bay. im guessing i need a new rear bracket, but what one do i need?
also i think the gsr comes with extra brakets around that area that i dont have? could anyone tell me if this is so and what those brackets are?

ill put up some pics in the next few days

iphondatek

Honda tech
No LS/V tec? The valve cover looks good. We customized the valve adjustment tool for my friends GSR with a drilled out socket, tackwelder, and a screw driver. I works great.

k624ash

No LS/V tec? The valve cover looks good. We customized the valve adjustment tool for my friends GSR with a drilled out socket, tackwelder, and a screw driver. I works great.
i would rather have the full gsr than ls-v, i eventualy got the valves right, it took a few tries though. im sure having the right tools would have made it easier

iphondatek

Honda tech
i would rather have the full gsr than ls-v, i eventualy got the valves right, it took a few tries though. im sure having the right tools would have made it easier
Yeah the real tool would have been better, but we were in a pinch and needed to get her done. Just curious why would you prefer a full GSR over LS V tec? Is it from so many people that recked their shit because they don't know what they are doing, and slander the Frankenstein engine?

k624ash

Yeah the real tool would have been better, but we were in a pinch and needed to get her done. Just curious why would you prefer a full GSR over LS V tec? Is it from so many people that recked their shit because they don't know what they are doing, and slander the Frankenstein engine?
For one i think its more money and trouble than its worth. plus it will never fit or work as well as the original honda engineered engine. your putting a block made for midrange power with a head made for high range. if you want more displacement just get it out of the gsr block. i was just reading something on team-integra written by their guru over there, micheal delaney. he had some well researched opinions on it.

here is a good thread on it http://www.team-integra.net/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ThreadPage=2&ForumID=10&TopicID=27634&PagePosition=1

with the amount of money it would cost to do the lsvtec i would rather turbo the ls, buy a gsr, or even all motor the ls motor

the results dont outweigh the cost, effort, and potential problems