Small build up thread DB7

k624ash

That was dumb of him to paint the block, I don't know about cutting away at it, but those are aluminum blocks and aluminum is pourest and needs to breath, if you paint it that fills the pours in and will cause problems. But if it's just that little section it shouldn't make that much of a deal i guess.
ive seen people cut the block away like that to fit the turbo, so im guessing thats alright. but i agree that it was stupid to paint it, im gonna strip it off

k624ash

Ive had this stuff for a few days, finaly putting some pics up now.
i painted the valve cover, but its over at my bros place. ill take some pics next time im over there. It turned out pretty good, i just have to sand off the lettering:)

k624ash

Nice! Diff FTW!
its an obx, but i have hope for it. i did a lot of reading on honda-tech. i replaced the washers inside and put them in the proper configuration, and replaced all the bolts and torqued them down properly. plus i cleaned the whole thing. it should work just the same as a quaife
then i can leave dual marks like this!
:drive:

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
why would it be zip tied though?

also what are your guys opinions on what i should do while i still have this motor out.
i already ordered a timing belt/water pump kit, oil pan and vavle cover gaskets, cap and rotor, tyep r oil pump, and a front main seal.

i wondering it i should pull the head off to look inside, but that would cost me like 200 bucks for the gasket and new head studs. but they might be good to replace anyway?
Might as well buy all new drive belts (A/C, PS, alt.).

Give us an outline of what your doing to the engine. Are you just gonna get it put together without any mods?....what fun is that? lol.:)

Winki

Undercover mod
its an obx, but i have hope for it. i did a lot of reading on honda-tech. i replaced the washers inside and put them in the proper configuration, and replaced all the bolts and torqued them down properly. plus i cleaned the whole thing. it should work just the same as a quaife
then i can leave dual marks like this!
:drive:
:thumbs up Hell yeah OBX ftw i love mine and i know you will to ;)

k624ash

Might as well buy all new drive belts (A/C, PS, alt.).

Give us an outline of what your doing to the engine. Are you just gonna get it put together without any mods?....what fun is that? lol.:)
well i wasnt really planing on a full rebuild, i just keep digging myself deeper by saying "well i minas well do this while i have the motor out.

i forgot the belt, only one i need is alt though. no ps or a/c, im hardcore like that :rocker:

ok ill list what i bought for the motor so far
timing belt + tensioner
water pump + seal
cap + rotor
type r oil pump
valve cover gasket
front main seal
oil pan gasket

im still going to buy some apr head studs and an oem head gasket. my plan is to take of the head and look at the cylinders, ill put up some pics and try and decide if i need new piston rings.

what else do you guys think i might need? im also doing a new transmission, clutch, flywheel, and lsd.

k624ash

does anyone know where to pick up the tool from this team-integtra article?
http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showarticle.asp?ArticleID=491

its for the vavle adjustment

also where does everyone buy oem parts? is going to the dealer the best, or are there some good online sites?
i ordered some parts from inlinefour but i still need a couple things, ill list what i think i still need

rear main seal
throw out bearing
flywheel bearing
possibly piston rings
headgasket

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
You can get those feeler guages at Sears. I have those myself, I think there $7-$8.

k624ash

You can get those feeler guages at Sears. I have those myself, I think there $7-$8.
not the feelers, i meant the tool for holding the locknut in place. its seems to me like i could just use a regular wrench though, or maybe one with an angled head

k624ash

i took the head of the motor, it looks pretty good to me but i dont have much experiance, so im postin it up for you guys to look at.

i also finaly took some pics of the valve cover that i painted

k624ash

nice job man how much hp u lookin for?
right now im only expecting a little more power than a stock gsr. my only performance mods are i/h/e high flow cat and im gonna put on a blox intake manifold.
i want to run it like that for a year or two and then turbo it. and then if thats not enough ill build it for turbo

The reason im swapping now if because my ls motor is on its way out, im burning oil and coolant. originally i was going to rebuild that, but then i found a pretty good deal on this gsr motor so i went for it.