Soo which block did I buy, 8urcivic?

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
If youre going to weigh in, comment, etc you should pay attention and do more than skim over posts and have the jist of it. Details were already laid out and even simplified a few times down to the only things that matter. Questioning things already covered and pointing out buyer faults (in retrospect) just look ignorant. His fault for not checking at this point. Ok does that make the block a good one or a bad one now that we've sorted that out? But im sure nick didnt realize it and im glad we all pointed it out to him. People lack sense and talk about irrelevant s***.

You do realize the pics were sent after the sale and after the buyer started complaining, right? These pics were only sent for reference AFTER the sale. In which Ricky wasn't even actually involved directly. Some of you are on a witch hunt and are getting a little dumb.
Im looking for reason in this entire post i cant find it anywhere.

Call me scammer all you want. You never posted pics of any damage or asked for a refund.
Ok youre not a scammer. But you sold a block supposedly good and it wasnt. Theres nothing else to it. You wouldnt have said anything different or helped him out and are just trying to save face, of which i doubt you care very much at this point. Damage done.

My friend bought a laptop from someone. Didnt check the box til later. Yea he f***ed up... does that change whether the deal was good or bad? If you catch the guy are you gonna put your head down in shame? No, youre gonna hang him out to dry.

Going to the extent of proving that the block was bad etc is completely unnecessary at this point. It would just draw out the thread, act as a smoke screen and distract from the point. But we have plenty of first hand witnesses.

Mr Gurley prompted the edit in bold.

Last edited:

MrGurley

************5-0
Going to the extent of proving that the block was bad etc is completely unnecessary. It would just draw out the thread, act as a smoke screen and distract from the point. But we have plenty of first hand witnesses.
I wasn't going to chime in on this post but the ignorance of this particular statement.... holy fucking shit... club Integra shall burn in hell because of noobs/brain dead nerds like this.... you guys are idiots

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
I knew someone would feel the need the comment about that. And its not ignorant. I know how it sounds. But let me elaborate. I should have said "at this point" but i did say theres plenty of witnesses. Look at whats been said and even his build thread progress. Its already a fact that it was dropped in and smoking off the bat. Does he have something to gain from proving it to you? He's not getting any money back or compensation nor did he ask for it. What would be the point of him making it up? I'll say it again.. we all know it was dropped in as it arrived under conditions that it was good and it smoked from the get go. So read my statement again (especially that last part), examine the information again carefully and go sit in the corner with your dunce hat until you can apply some sense.

Oh and dont forget i meant at this point. And somehow my i'm nerd from all that.

Nick_C78

Again, the topic of proof and lack of pics on my part gets posted again. I get where you guys are coming from. If I was to ask for a refund I would completely agree with your thoughts that I should provide proof. Here are the facts though: I have to rebore the block, run different pistons, buy all kinds of little odds and ends, and am going to have to retune yet again. Do you think I did this for s***s and giggles? Also, have his blatant lies given any reason for him to be trusted in this transaction? I know you are his buddies so you are going to back him until the wheels fall, but even deep down you guys know it is sketchy that he posted fake pictures with a story on top of it.

Do you honestly want to know what set me off to blow this up? I was a smartass in your thread and said thanks for your awesome block. You knew that it has a smoking issue, but you felt the need to say "I am glad it worked out for you". Your first response to me after I restated that it was f***ed up was basically "Prove it". That isn't exactly a sign of somebody willing to work with you. Yes I could have handled it in a calmer manner, but my build thread and history of getting f***ed up parts shows the reason why I was so pissed about it. You can't tell me that I didn't have a legitimate reason to make it a huge scene. Especially when you posted that pic and I found out the truth about it. Funny how you say this makes me look ratchet, when all I did was shed light on your lies. Literally that's all I did was repost s*** that you posted and tie it together. I really said nothing, you did all the talking for me. You just didn't think I would ever find those pics and for that you probably feel pretty god damn retarded now.

I wish we could have handled this like adults, but mature adults don't false advertise and make up stories. Yes, maybe I should have started this off with a more detailed PM and seen what you would do, but again I let emotions get the better of me and I decided to make our situation public. You saw it fit the best way to handle it publicly was to lie and try to shut me up. I lied about nothing and even manned up for my mistakes. Can you say the same?
I am going to repost this since some of you seemed to have missed it. This quote is really all that needs to be said now, especially the bold part. It explains why I handled it like I did, and what my reasoning behind it is. He is/was a respected member on here, which is why I trusted it. Noob mistake indeed. I just wanted to put it out there that even "respected" people shouldn't be trusted completely and everything he has said since my initial post putting him on blast has proved it. Whether or not he knew it was messed up prior to selling it is one thing, but he still has given nothing but reasons not to trust him. Everything else is just going full circle.

Shall I sum it up even more? I was retarded for trusting the condition of the block. He is a shady person who posts false pics and makes up stories to shut people up/cover his ass. So is he truly a scammer? Well, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

Last edited:

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
I got some parts going up for sale. It would be nice if you guys could come and give it a bump every now and then.

Thanks in advance.

dlo253

And he just acts like an arrogant prick through it all. What a way to look like a major douche..
Wasn't trying to stir shit up but cmon now....

8urcivic

And he just acts like an arrogant prick through it all. What a way to look like a major douche..
Wasn't trying to stir s*** up but cmon now....
every last one of you kids who are not even involved have stated your opinions multiple times.

FACTS ARE FACTS!

I didnt make a deal with this guy.
The engine sat for over two years and he he did zero prep to it before installing
He has zero pictures proving any damage.
He came off like a fucking asshole on my personal thread and expected sympathy.

You want to keep stirring this thread up, thats fine. Everythings out on the table and you still dont have a case. Either drop it or make a Palpal claim, or report me to a mod or do something that will suffice the justice you want. If you choose not to make any of these moves, you obvisouly dont have a strong case.

My itrader alone should speak for my sale rep on this site. Not to mention the 30 other forums im a part of. Could care less about "1 bad sale" that I didnt even make!

Sammich

*sigh* this used to be my go to site..i might as well go back to team integra or hell become part of honda tech if this is the kind of ignorance present. i rather 'intelligent' ignorance instead of ignorant ignorance

drevans_satx

Dylan
Or instead of leaving, you could ignore threads that don't pertain to yourself directly :) it's been working pretty well for me so far.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Heres my .02 worth since I just went through something similar to this with a guy I sold a radiator to. I sold the radiator from my car which had 0 issues while in my car to a kid here locally. Only reason I sold it was cause I got a baller deal on a new one from Go-Autoworks with a shroud. So I sell this thing and over 6 months later the kid hits me up telling me that he sold it to someone else and they are saying it leaks. He wants to know what I will do about it, my response absolutely nothing! Now this might sound like a scammer, asshole tactic, whatever, but it's really not. Here's why:

1. It was sold over 6 months ago and supposedly just sat around on a shelf
2. It was sold to a 3rd party who I have no idea is, so why should I trust their word

If you buy something and resell it, I am no longer responsible for that part. Once it leaves your hands, it's on you. Secondly, if you wait 6 months or 2 years before complaining about it, that's on you. Life isn't nice and it's s***ty that the motor is junk but chalk it up as a loss and move on. I am not taking sides by any means, hell I think 8urcivic is a royal asshole to be quite honest just from his online persona, but I see his side to this argument. If he sold the block to someone and they resold it to you and you allowed it to sit for 2 years, its not on him (8urcivic) any longer.

Like I said, chalk it up as a loss, rebuild the motor to your specs and go on with life. In 5 years none of this s*** will even matter. Does it suck that you have a smoking engine? Absolutely! Will it ruin your life? Prob not.

Nick_C78

I agree with you DaddyBuilt, which is what I am doing. I am chalking it up to a loss and rebuilding it. Does that mean I can't put him on blast to try and save someone else from getting a bad deal? I wasn't gonna say shit to the guy other than my smartass comment of "Thanks for the awesome block", but his dick response of "I am glad it worked out for you" knowing that it has a smoking issue out the gate was just a slap in the face. Also, Ricky sold it to Matt, and Matt sold it to me, but it stayed in ricky's hands the entire time, so it was never in matts possession, thus it was still ricky's responsibility, imo.

Using your situation as an example, it would be as if you sold your radiator to Kid A, but he asked you to hold on to it for a while. Then Kid A tells you he sold it to Kid B and asks you to give it to Kid B. Kid B gets it and it has problems off the bat. That is Kid A's fault 100%?

8urcivic

Heres my .02 worth

I am not taking sides by any means, hell I think 8urcivic is a royal asshole to be quite honest just from his online persona, but I see his side to this argument.
This is my favorite part. :lol:

Cant do anything but respect his opinion.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Haha hey I call it like I see it. Who knows, in person you might be the coolest dude out there, I'm positive people think I am an asshole both on here and in person hahahaah