Ted's Owner is back in the Honda game -- Nick's '95 Integra LS hatchback

Ted's Owner

On to Integra number two!

Havoline 5W-20 is going to be used as a flush. The Pennzoil 10W-30 is the actual oil change.

Battery relocation is done and it was a pain, but I think it was worth it. It cleaned up under the hood nicely and looks right at home in the trunk. I'll probably change a few things around with it, but the wiring and all of that is done and will be left alone. At first glance in the interior, you can't tell anything was done, which is how I like it. :)

And under the hood:

I'm planning on giving the car a full, thorough cleanup on Wednesday.

DB7ish

Great build. Really liking the trunk area. Makes me want to do a relocation. Not used to seeing the engine bay without a battery though. Feels like something is missing. lol.

Also, whats that yellow and black striped thing in the trunk area?

Ted's Owner

Great build. Really liking the trunk area. Makes me want to do a relocation. Not used to seeing the engine bay without a battery though. Feels like something is missing. lol.

Also, whats that yellow and black striped thing in the trunk area?
Thanks, man! Trunk ain't done yet. Lol.
And it is weird with the battery not being under the hood anymore. I jump a lot of people off, so I'm going to need new hatch struts soon since mine are bad. Don't need the hatch falling on me when I'm trying to help someone. xD.

And the yellow and black striped thing in the trunk is the factory rear seat brace, I guess you could call it. I got bored and painted it. I need to sand it down and do it again. The paint is flaking off.

Update: Did my double oil change today (5w-20 Havoline for the flush, 10w-30 Pennzoil for the oil change) and it runs so much better. The amount of crap I had built up in my engine was ridiculous.

I'm planning on getting a Skunk2 battery tie down next check. I've got a date for the first time in four and a half years next Friday so we'll see how much money I have left. :p

Ted's Owner

Got paid a lot better than I was expecting, so I ordered a Skunk2 battery tie down with matching washers, some Plasti Dip Intense Teal for my wheels so I can have all four matching for once without killing my arms, a helicoil kit to fix my exhaust leak, and some Energy Suspension front sway bar end links.

Ted's Owner

Wheels are Dipped, battery relocation is now 100% done thanks to my Skunk2 tie down and washers, fixed a broken piece in my suspension that I didn't know about until I pulled the wheel off to dip it, and topped off my fluids. Solid day's work.
All four wheels took about three hours versus six hours for one wheel. Winner = Plasti-Dip. :p

Pictures, with explanations as needed.

Wheels:

Battery relocation: I need to clean the battery and I need to clean the trunk again.

Problem area in the suspension I fixed: That black ring was connected to a rubber bushing that, when put together, kind of resembled an upside down top hat. I found a plastic end that was supposed to go on the end of a pvc pipe from what it looked like, cut the end off with a dremel, then further cut it down so it'd fit over the washer on the strut and would sit properly on the sleeve. I dipped the grey piece so it'd match the bushing (I'm picky like that sometimes) then screwed the plastic piece to the rubber bushing with self-tapping screws.

Fixed.

And, my Energy Suspension front sway bar end links are here. :)

94RS

No fucks given.
Ted's Owner said:
Winner = Plasti-Dip. :p

Give it a month or two. When the stains don't come out of the dip no matter how hard you scrub, you'll wish you had painted them instead.

Ted's Owner

Give it a month or two. When the stains don't come out of the dip no matter how hard you scrub, you'll wish you had painted them instead.
I had white wheels before and I've still got a can and a half of dip left for touch up. Not a big deal.

Ted's Owner

Helicoil kit and end links are still sitting on the floor in my room, and I ordered some Lotek front struts and some extended top hats for the front suspension as well. Hopefully, everything will be on in the next week or so.
EDIT: Just remembered that my front bumpstops are shot, so I ordered Ground Control bumpstops for the front, too.

Last edited:

Ted's Owner

Old vs. new.
Front suspension now has Lotek struts, Ground Control bumpstops, and eBay extended tophats. I had both the eBay linear bumpstops included with the top hats and the Ground Control bumpstops on at the same time, but when I dropped the car back down, it was sitting on the bumpstops and bulldogging pretty bad, so I took the eBay ones back off and it sits level now. Handling is 100x better!

Ted's Owner

I was going to order two tires, but after looking around my engine bay, I noticed a few things that needed attention, so I ordered some Gates Racing accessory belts (the blue ones, not the black ones), and I'll be getting a new PCV valve, a new valve cover gasket, new spark plug tube seals, and an oil catch can if the PCV valve doesn't fix the problem I'm having.