Ted's Owner is back in the Honda game -- Nick's '95 Integra LS hatchback

Ted's Owner

On to Integra number two!
Give it a month or two. When the stains don't come out of the dip no matter how hard you scrub, you'll wish you had painted them instead.
Detailed the car yesterday.

And I found the best wheel cleaner I've ever used. DUB by Meguiar's wheel cleaner is frickin' legit. It pulled all of the stains out of my Plasti Dip and it looks just as fresh as it did when I first dipped them. To really test how well this stuff worked, I sprayed a buddy's rusted chrome plated steelies on his '90 Dodge D250 with it. Not only did it pull out about half of the surface rust, but it brought the chrome back to a shine. I'll recommend it to anyone.

94RS

No fucks given.
I seen that stuff at Advance last time I was there, it was like $9/bottle.

I finally ended up getting my bumper cleaned with the industrial strength Purple Power... Which is under $7/gallon.

Sounds like the DUB stuff works exactly the same :what:

Ted's Owner

I seen that stuff at Advance last time I was there, it was like $9/bottle.

I finally ended up getting my bumper cleaned with the industrial strength Purple Power... Which is under $7/gallon.

Sounds like the DUB stuff works exactly the same :what:
I just figured I'd let you know about it. I didn't have to do any scrubbing at all, either. Just wiped it down with a wet sponge and rinsed it off. That was it. :)

Ted's Owner

Due to a connection that I have with a friend, it looks like I'll be getting my car painted for free fairly soon!

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
Looks like the wheels are small with the blue. What are they, 14s?
The gunmetal and white seems to make them look bigger, or maybe its the angle of the pic. Think 16s are in the near future in that color with shorter tires

Ted's Owner

Looks like the wheels are small with the blue. What are they, 14s?
The gunmetal and white seems to make them look bigger, or maybe its the angle of the pic. Think 16s are in the near future in that color with shorter tires
14x6's, unsure of the offset. 195/60R14's.
And I agree. I'm actually tossing around a few ideas about that.

Ted's Owner

Finally got around to changing the accessory belts and pcv valve. The pcv valve was clogged with oil, so I'm glad I changed that.
The alternator belt was a pain and I would not recommend trying to do it without another person helping. Both belts were frayed. The alternator belt was the original and my car has 186k on it.
I'll probably be doing the valve cover gasket, spark plug tube seals, and an oil change on Thursday. I've got everything I need already.
I've also been pricing parts needed for a bottom end rebuild. It doesn't necessarily need it, but it's got bad piston rings and burns oil on top of having 186k on it, so it won't be long.

Ted's Owner

Well, I did the oil change as I said I would, but I still haven't gotten around to doing the valve cover gasket and spark plug tube seals. I've been lazy. Lol.
I'm running Valvoline 10w-40 with STP zinc additive and a Purolator PureOne oil filter. My car in it's old age seems to like the thicker oil and it doesn't burn it nearly as much.
I've priced out everything I need to do an engine rebuild and will start collecting parts once I pay for my books next semester.
Oh, and I will probably be ordering some of these because my interior is a wreck and I need to start somewhere.

(Image copyright of Bayson*R Motorsports)

Ted's Owner

Well, the floor mats I was going to order were discontinued, so I didn't order them, obviously.
Today, I repolished my headlights, removed and resealed my driver's side taillight since I had a turn signal out (ordered new bulbs, too), topped off all of my fluids, and washed my windshield.
I also ordered a pair of Blitz reservoir covers since my brake fluid reservoir cap seems a little loose and I don't want to take any chances. It still seals, but not as tight as I'd like it to.

I've still gotta replace my spark plug tube seals, my valve cover gasket, and my front sway bar end links, and I have to fix my exhaust manifold studs still, too.
I'm slowly but surely getting maintenance caught up.

Ted's Owner

How the hell do replica floor mats get discontinued? :rolf:
I dunno. I e-mailed the guy when I was having problems ordering them and he e-mailed me back saying that they were no longer available.
when they get busted and sued by the real company :p
^
This, possibly. xD.
If that were true, then the Bayson R Si-VTAK lip on my car would've been discontinued too :what:
:what:

Ted's Owner

My dirty engine bay with the new Blitz reservoir covers and my Gates Racing belts.

New turn signal bulbs are in, too. The person I bought them from accidentally sold me red ones instead of amber, but they work, so I don't care.

Last edited:

Ted's Owner

My rear brakes started squeaking yesterday. I'm assuming that the pads are at the wear indicators. So, instead of doing it the cheap way and bending the wear indicators, I ordered rear slotted rotors and some ceramic pads.