The Chronicles of "Harmony" - dopematic's Integra Update Thread

dopematic

*Update! 11/5/12

I wanted red carpet in my car. But I didn't want to spend 250 from whatever Interiors website that I found before or buy a ek / dc5 jdm red carpet. So I thought I dye it for a fraction of the price.
This can be a little write up DIY to dye your carpet RED.

Supplies: Rit dye, salt, hot water, bucket, carpet

Throw it all in. I left it in the bucket for 4 days with slight agitation each day, probably 2 times a day. Looks like blood.

Instructions says to remove fabric and have running water through until no more color appears/leak out from it.

Here it is after being hosed down and just sitting out in the sun to dry. I left it outside over the weekend.

All dried up and in the sun.

This turned out better than I thought with the liquid dye. There are some soft spotty areas because of the way I folded the carpet but my plans wasn't done yet anyways.

Okay, now initially this would be done but I like to be very thorough when doing something. So I figure something like this would inevitably fade. Even OEM stuff fades from wear and tear. So I wanted to add another layer of dye on it just for extra insurance and for longer durability.

There are some threads floating around that people used fabric paint from Duplicolor to paint their carpet as well. Google can help you with that. I chose to go with VHT vinyl/fabric paint because this I have trust in this brand. I've used their VHT wrinkle red paint on my valve cover and it turned out great as well as lasting over 5 years of daily driving.

So. more supplies.

Start spraying. I started in little sections and worked my way across the rest of the carpet. After spraying each section; instructions says to use a brush and run it through while still wet to collect the fibers. This helps with keeping the carpet soft as well and I'm assuming not to bleed out as much.

One side done.

Final product!

With comparison to my other carpet in my car.
Scotch guarded and UV protectant sprayed on.

Pics of it installed with full interior.

Last edited:

dopematic

Also, installed my OEM ITR CF cluster trim. Here's a pic to compare/contrast from my aftermarket CF plate on the OEM cluster trim.

Installed.

And installed my seat locks. Picture isn't as clear and I'm too lazy to snap another one but you get the idea. Haha.

Last edited:

goofygamer

I'm agree, carpet is dope. The seat locks are an awesome idea! Hahah

I'm glad you got the cf piece safe and sound. I still think yours pop out more than mine, but I haven't seen mine in broad daylight yet.

justjdm

DB8 Whore
I believe your the first person I've met to actually fully stain their carpet! LOL! Half of the other people I knew tried and failed horribly! Haha! Looks good as hell though!

dopematic

I'm kind of debating whether or not I should dye my ITR floor mats and my trunk carpet black. Haha.

Love this car!
Thanks Bro!

Nice work Dillon! Damn that carpet it fresh as f***!
Thanks Joe! I think it looks better in person but I can't get a good picture of it. You and Peara need to teach me how to use my camera. Lol

I'm agree, carpet is dope. The seat locks are an awesome idea! Hahah

I'm glad you got the cf piece safe and sound. I still think yours pop out more than mine, but I haven't seen mine in broad daylight yet.
Thanks Peara! Yeah, extra security never hurts haha. Hmm.. you can check it out next time to see. It looks normal to me haha.

I believe your the first person I've met to actually fully stain their carpet! LOL! Half of the other people I knew tried and failed horribly! Haha! Looks good as hell though!
Haha, I've seen some people dye their carpet black and it turned out pretty good. Haha. But yeah, thanks! I try not to "half ass" when doing something and only need to do it once. Haha.

This is the coolest integra Ever!! That carpet is sick!
Thanks bro!

Sammich

yo...i cant front...i thought 'he done fukd that carpet up' then i saw the finished product...good gawd that looks great