Tree's...Roadster?

treeafodo

Austin
When I got home from writing my exam today I saw a box sitting on the dinning room table! I'm surprised they came here this quickly. Shipped from Japan on the 6th. I'm also VERY surprised there was no customs charge on it. I was expecting to pay about $140 on them, but Jubiride marked the value as 6000 yen which is about $58 canadian. Pretty happy about that. :)
Jubiride Flares by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Jubiride Flares by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

I quickly installed the fenders and taped the flares on. I was planning on pushing the car all the way out of the garage, but my Mom parked the Fusion too close. Oh well, you get the idea.
Mocked Up by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
Flare Taped Too High by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

Think I need some wider wheels? :lol:
Need Some More Wheels by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

Then I took a couple refernce shots of the OEM mirrors before the APR mirrors come in. The car is really dusty.
OEM Mirrors by Austin Rajki, on Flickr
OEM Mirrors by Austin Rajki, on Flickr

Overall I am happy with the test fit. It's far from perfect, but it's not nearly as bad as some of the fitment issues I've read.

treeafodo

Austin
Do you have a link to them so I know what your talking about? They included black Phillips screws, but I've also seen people use rivets. The problem I can see with rivets is water getting inside the rivet and rusting. You also can't really undo them to take the bumpers off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

treeafodo

Austin
Thanks guys! I got word the mirrors arrived at the package place, just waiting for the gauges and mirror mounts before I go pick everything up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

treeafodo

Austin
That's clever! Thank you. I'll add that to my order when the time comes.

treeafodo

Austin
What are the bronze collars for? Do they go on the inside of the wheel well and they thread into that?