The Chronicles of "Harmony" - dopematic's Integra Update Thread

dopematic

Update! 8/10/13

On August 10th, I decided to track my car again at Thunderhill Raceway with NCRC. I went along with Dylan (Samurai). C (skylinecx) and his buddies. Also, RedGSRguy was also in attendence.

Upon the track day, I got new tires for my ITR wheels ( also my designated "track" wheels now ). I decided to go with Kuhmo XS because of the 4th of july sale which gave me a pretty good deal. Before, I was considering the Federal 595 rsr because of the price but the sale made it easier.

Also, I picked up Hawks HP+ for my fronts and used HPS in the rear from "redGSRguy".

So from the last track day before it got cut short. I noticed my water temperatures flickering back and forth near the middle. A little ways down the road, I got my hands on a thermo infared temperature gun which I used to go through each line of fins of my radiator and confirmed that it is clogged because there is a inconsistency of the temperatures within my radiator. Theres about a 30 degrees difference in certain areas. Considering that my radiator is probably over 13 years old and has taken alot of abuse, I think its objective to see that my radiator is on its way out.

But in spite of knowning that, being the stubborn idiot that I am, I didn't replace my radiator before the track day because I rather hold out for a dual core aluminum radiator instead. What I did do to compensate for my cooling issues is to put in my mishimoto racing thermostat that I had laying around from when I used it when I had my turbo kit on.

Anyways. here are some pics.

Overall, I had a great day at the track. No major issues at the track but my clogged radiator still could not hold up with the abuse of road racing. Near the end of each session, I can see my temp flickering back and forth near the middle mark even with the mishimoto racing thermostat installed.

At least my radiator can hold up for daily driving and drag racing so I can still hold out for a new radiator a little while longer since Im kind of low on cash right now.

Overall I am very happy with the track day I had and am very addicted now.

96LSteg

Jemel
Nice!

Sent from the Amazon Rainforest using tapatalk

XjoEnX

I'm gonna go get Wingstop after I post these.