Integra Sedan, not just any body kit! CUSTOM!

QupiiD

Hows it going everyone,

Lets get straight to the point, first off ive had my integra sedan for about 6 months so im probably gonna sound stupid when im trying to name engine parts, and what not. Anyways im obsessed with this car. Nothing special about it though not a GSR or anything. My dad and i changed out the whole engine of the car since my LS engine i believe blew up. The integra is blacked out, black rims back windows are tinted and of course a black integra. All ive really done these last month to the car is lowered, tinted the amber light on the tail lights red, bought amber front bumper lights, and a sub woofer and a amp.

NOW THE CRAZY PART.

So i realize within this month, majority of these integras are coupes. All of them modded in a way.

I rarely RARELY! see any modded sedans.

And i want my sedan to be the best on the streets, so i am in college money is tight but im willing to put in the work and save money. To do what i want to the car.

So im taking a welding class next semester to learn how to cut metal and blah blah blah.

okay here it goes, first off!
:)1) Make a rear diffuser for the bottom of my car. something like this google picture

https://www.google.com/search?q=diffuser+integra&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=VohSUpaLG4Ts8gSF_ICwAg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=490&dpr=1#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=71DMyX54qHf0lM:;nleGxHcQbx8BnM;http%3A%2F%2Fjwayspecial.files.wordpress.com%2F2011%2F02%2Fpurpmugenass.jpg;http%3A%2F%2Fjwayspecial.wordpress.com%2Ftag%2Fdc2%2F;1024;680

except more tight and closer to the body like if its part of the car.

:)2) make a side scoop. . . no no no not no side skirt. Like what all these "luxary" cars have such as ferrari's lambos, etc. I want to make a scoop on the side of the back passanger doors. no little half ass scoop, like a legit one. That flows with the car.

NOW this is the part i need help on during this build. If i am going to build this scoop should i weld the metal to the door? or think of some way, to connect the two in to parts? ive had this vision in my head for awhile and its been giving me headaches haha. i havent really looked in to how scoops really work, but im going for show more than anything.

:)3) a JDM type R front conversation. of course.

I really dont care about the engine other than a good intake, and keeping the engine clean. I mean i probably will be in the future when im done with this project but not now. I could careless about what other guys think about my engine when looks are really for the girls. I dont understand why i would need to impress a stranger. So im going more for looks and all.

and lastly,
:)4.) Flush that s*** out, buy new rims LIMO tint the whole car. No spoiler! (My car is not a shopping cart) but i wouldnt mind a rear window diffuser. Change the emblems to classy "H" symbol. No stickers, new exhaust and im done.

Debating if i should take pictures and videos of this whole process.

PS.
your mind is probably blown at the amount of crap i wanna do to my sedan

bkirshr

User that is Registered
I drive a sedan too, much more rare than coupes for sure. Definitely take pictures of whatever you do, we are a bunch of picture whores here. It sounds like you know what you want to do with the car, and that's a good thing. As far as your list goes, are you looking for opinions on those things? or just sharing your plans with us?

96LSteg

Jemel
yes you should definitely post pics. Not a lot of people in the DB world. You should check out the DB Squad page! :welcome:

cvcrcr99

Sedans are definitely not as common as coupes/hatches. Keep it clean.

1) Make a rear diffuser for the bottom of my car. something like this google picture
That a very aggressive diffuser. I would keep it clean and find some OEM rear bumper spats... the optional lip kit from Acura... I might be lost for the actual word though.

2) make a side scoop. . . no no no not no side skirt. Like what all these "luxary" cars have such as ferrari's lambos, etc. I want to make a scoop on the side of the back passanger doors. no little half ass scoop, like a legit one. That flows with the car.

NOW this is the part i need help on during this build. If i am going to build this scoop should i weld the metal to the door? or think of some way, to connect the two in to parts? ive had this vision in my head for awhile and its been giving me headaches haha. i havent really looked in to how scoops really work, but im going for show more than anything.
Sorry, but I think this would be a HUGE mistake. If you do pull it off, it is not going to flow with the car IMO. Do what you want, but it would be a good idea to have an extra set of doors laying around.

3) a JDM type R front conversation. of course.

I really dont care about the engine other than a good intake, and keeping the engine clean. I mean i probably will be in the future when im done with this project but not now. I could careless about what other guys think about my engine when looks are really for the girls. I dont understand why i would need to impress a stranger. So im going more for looks and all.
When you are done with a project, then you do a motor swap? Sounds like the beginning of a project to me. If you like it... then go for it I guess. I like the JDM front on my sedan, others don't. However, I have never seen a JDM front sedan in person except for mine. It is rare for me to even see a sedan up where I live.

4.) Flush that s*** out, buy new rims LIMO tint the whole car. No spoiler! (My car is not a shopping cart) but i wouldnt mind a rear window diffuser. Change the emblems to classy "H" symbol. No stickers, new exhaust and im done.
When you say "flush", you mean that stupid hella flush trend where s*** doesn't fit correctly on purpose? I took the red H symbols off my car and put the Acura ones on. Yes. Acura logos on the JDM front. hahahahah

Good luck with the build.

Last edited:

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
If you're looking for a diffuser, hit up BC Performance in Reno, Nv.

775-219-3176 Ask for Chris, let him know Patrick referred you

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Hi Qupiid, welcome to the site! I think you have some good ideas but need to look for greater inspiration. What you have right now, to me, doesn't sound like it would look all that great. Would really help if you had a friend who could photo-edit your integra to give you an idea of what it would look like before you started work on it. Have fun!
- Aaron

QupiiD

Hi Qupiid, welcome to the site! I think you have some good ideas but need to look for greater inspiration. What you have right now, to me, doesn't sound like it would look all that great. Would really help if you had a friend who could photo-edit your integra to give you an idea of what it would look like before you started work on it. Have fun!
- Aaron
How's it going Aaron,
I have seen an integra with a side scoop on Flickr about a year ago. I tried looking for it not to long ago for about 10 hours and I couldn't find it. I'm not sure if I saw it on Flickr or photobucket but it was a charcoal grey integra coupe that had the side scoop behind the door I think it's called the quarter panel, not the fender if I'm not mistaken. But that's where I got the inspiration, and thought it was amazing. It flowed with the car and looked great, I'll try again to look for the car again. It made the body just a tiny bit wider. But I thank you for looking out. Have a good one man!

dlo253

Thats the beauty of cars. Everybody has their own view on what looks good. To each his own. I have respect for any well built car regardless of style. On the other hand, you could have all the dopest parts but on a cobbled together pos. You wont get as much respect/cred as the guy next to you with a properly built cereal box car...

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
Good luck with your project :thumbs up I'm looking forward to seeing that diffuser and the side scoop!

QupiiD

Thats the beauty of cars. Everybody has their own view on what looks good. To each his own. I have respect for any well built car regardless of style. On the other hand, you could have all the dopest parts but on a cobbled together pos. You wont get as much respect/cred as the guy next to you with a properly built cereal box car...
Yeah, I understand. I might not get credit cause I didn't "properly" build my integra correctly. But I've seen about every coupe done the same way on instagram about twice. And I just wanna see something different than BBS rims, skunk 2 lowering springs, a exhaust, cold air intake, etc. I have respect for people who do that and are passionate about their cars. But I'm tired is seeing the same thing to every integra just to see different color combinations. But than again, I'm not trying to impress a guy. I thank you for your opinion and will consider what everyone says in to this build.

I will post pics of what my integra looks like now. I'm guessing this is going to be a year long build.

dlo253

I think you read that wrong. That was for the ones saying that your ideas won't look good.
I meant, I dont care what style it is. If you can see the time and effort that an owner puts in. It needs to be respected whether its your style or not. I also get tired of seeing the same shit. People are to scares to be called a ricer. Lol.