1999 Acura Interga GSR Build Thread/Progress #Keepitstock

ASGSR

Amazing job man. Super jealous. Is this part of a school project toward your degree in refinishing or something like that?
Something like that, it's a technical college, once you acquire a certain level of experience you are allowed to work on your own projects if the instructors allow it of course. You gain experience working on live projects and it counts towards your graduation.

Wait... Is that at Ptec in St. Pete?
It sure is, you know of it?

Well the car is pretty much done as of now on the refinishing side of things but I still have a lot more planned. Took it out of the shop and had a little photo shoot with a buddy of mine; Kyle. If you are interested in some of his stuff you can follow him @ghostly.media on Instagram. Here are the pics:
Untitled by adiel sanchez, on Flickr

94RS

No fucks given.
Know of it? I was gonna go there for autobody after high school (Pinellas Park High). Never went though due to work :lol:

And that's the abandoned Sonic two minutes from my house.

ASGSR

Know of it? I was gonna go there after high school (Pinellas Park High). Never went though :lol:

And that's the abandoned Sonic two minutes from my house.
Oh haha yes, its a great school man, I've learned a lot so far.

94RS

No fucks given.
Lemme know if you need another bumper for a project, I have one that needs to be painted :rolf:

ASGSR

I was recently running into issues with my transmission. Issues like getting stuck in gears, not being able to go in reverse, trouble putting in 1st and overall has just been acting weird. A few weeks ago I went to the drag strip with a couple buddies and ran it a few times, when we were getting ready to race again my reverse completely went out, it was like if it didn't existed. Checked all possible solution without dropping the tranny but everything thing else was in tact. Removed the tranny and found out the reverse shaft was stuck and the teeth on the gear were stripped, bearings had a lot of play and 2nd and 3rd synchros were worn out. Decided the best thing to do was to get it rebuild. Dropped it off at the shop and ordered the parts I needed after diagnosing it, here are the pics.
New Parts

Just waiting for my bearing to come in from Acura now to get the tranny put back together...

Meanwhile I got deal I couldn't resist to reupholster my seats so i did that as well
Before:
After:
Also removed my carpet and power washed everything to make it look like new again.

Last but not least, I found a set of mint Gunmetal ITR wheels wrapped in Falken Azenis tires for sale and I had to have them, I had been hunting these wheels down for ages, just need 5 lug now.

ASGSR

Hey guys, since we last spoke a lot has changed. I've decided to change directions with my build. I sold the USDM Gunmetal wheels some time back and i am on the hunt for something different. Im still undecided in what i would like to get. I'm having trouble choosing a set because of the color of my car. I am looking for something track oriented. I've been looking at a set of bronze TE37's but I'm still not settled. Please feel free to leave your suggestions in the comments.

Decided it was time to finish what I've been procrastinating on so much. Originally Integra's came with the rear bumper grille in black. I decided to take it a bit further and paint a little bit more. I feel as if the bumper looks shorter and more track oriented in my opinion. Personally I love it. You would have to see it in person to truly appreciate it. I used fine line tape to mark the line and then scuffed with a red scotch-brite and continued to prep the area with wax and grease remover. As for paint, I used Wurth satin black paint. Here is the final product.
IMG_2053 by adielsanchez23, on FlickrIMG_2055 by adielsanchez23, on FlickrIMG_2056 by adielsanchez23, on FlickrIMG_2057 by adielsanchez23, on FlickrIMG_2060 by adielsanchez23, on FlickrIMG_2081 by adielsanchez23, on Flickr
If you are wondering why I don't have an exhaust its because I'm in the middle of polishing it.

Last edited:

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
Looks good. Any plans for the 2 tone to flow onto the sides of the car?

That green reminds me of my green 93 cb7 SE I once had. Mine had blue metallic, which made it a bit darker. Miss that car

Yours is on point :eek:k:

ASGSR

Looks good. Any plans for the 2 tone to flow onto the sides of the car?

That green reminds me of my green 93 cb7 SE I once had. Mine had blue metallic, which made it a bit darker. Miss that car

Yours is on point :eek:k:
Thank you. I'm actually thinking of getting a set of OEM mud flaps in the future, but as flowing it into the side skirts and front bumper its not in the plan at the moment.

Love the stock look - plain and simple
Thank you sir.

Last edited: