1999 Acura Interga GSR Build Thread/Progress #Keepitstock

ASGSR

Beautiful, all I have to say.

Sent from my iPhone 2g
Nice progress, enjoy those Koni/GC!!!
how did you repair the bumper? I have a 95 bumper that needs similar repair
Jealous! I need to fix an OEM bumper I have as well
Thanks guys. As for the bumper, there is quite a bit to do, especially if it's cracked like mine was. If it's cracked you will need a staple gun. Heat the staples half way into the plastic beginning from where the separation begins and work your way up. After your done clip the staples or gently grind them off, make sure you do this from the inside of the bumper. Then flip it around and grind a v shape sink hole so that you can apply your epoxy. Next step will be to apply 2 part epoxy to the stapled part to prevent cracking, make sure you prep the area by sanding with an aggressive grit. Let that dry for a couple of hours and sand it down to where you can apply a layer of polyester pudding. After that its just simple body work from there.

Got a bit more work done today with the bumpers and spoiler, got them primed and ready to sand tomorrow.
IMG_0450 by adielsanchez123, on Flickr
IMG_0449 by adielsanchez123, on Flickr
IMG_0448 by adielsanchez123, on Flickr

Here's the link to a little clip my friends took of me clearing the car:
https://flic.kr/p/s8f1K5

Last edited:

ASGSR

Sorry for the lack of updates guys, A few weeks ago I landed in the hospital with a bowel obstruction and had emergency surgery, I've been in recovering since then. A good friend of mine bought me an awesome license plate cover while I was in the hospital and I received my Koni Yellows a few days later. Today I felt a little better and decided to go to school, I was able to finish sanding the rest of the bumpers, spoiler, mirrors, handles, and moldings and sprayed base coat. Didn't have time to clear but will be back at it tomorrow morning.
Untitled by adielsanchez123, on Flickr
Untitled by adiel sanchez, on Flickr

Last edited:

SoundEfx

Can't say enough good things about the progress on the car.

Sorry to hear about the surgery, but you're getting better, which is good.

Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

Ted's Owner

On to Integra number two!
The amount of detail and work being put into this is very inspiring. Beautiful work.

ASGSR

Thanks guys I really appreciate the nice comments.

I've gotten the majority of the car back together, All I have to do now is black out the moldings and shoot some paint into the side skirts. Just into the details as of now. I lost the rubber piece the connects from the bumper to the fender, does anyone know the part number for that? It seems as if my hatch shocks have failed as well, maybe because of the wing? No clue.

DB7ish

That paint came out beautiful. Wish I could spray my stuff Cypress Green Pearl. If it was just a basic gloss color, I would have most likely tried to do it already.

Well, sorry about the health issues. Glad you are better.

ASGSR

Thanks for the kind words guys means a lot. Can't believe its almost been 3 months without my car. Hopefully this is the last week I spend on the refinishing side of things. I'm glad its almost over non the less. Today I got around to mounting the little things I had left, Door panels, Moldings, etc. Also masked of the moldings and blacked them out along with the window wipers, cowl top, hood seal, and bumper stiffener. Made a huge different in my opinion, everything looks new. Tomorrow I'll be sanding and buffing the hood, roof, and sides to make everything look flat and shiny. I should be driving my baby home tomorrow if everything goes well! I will be giving it a good wash and detail before it goes home as it hasnt seen water in almost 3 months haha.

Last edited:

Dr Grant

Amazing job man. Super jealous. Is this part of a school project toward your degree in refinishing or something like that?