Best Short Ram Intake for GSR

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
You can buy a cone filter from Kragen or Pep Boys, even Autozone for $20, and it slips right into the stock rubber intake. Done. You'd probably get 1/2 a hp from getting the piping. Most aftermarket performance companies use only 2" or 2.5" intake piping..... my brother MADE his piping (3 inch baby!), (he works @ a muffler shop and the intake pipe is actually for a Chevy pickup side pipe.) And he bought a $20 filter, and it's awesome. Way loud intake roar, and decently noticeable power increase on the top end.

edit- ^^^^ Whhhaaaaa??? A civic with an LS swap? You whale penis looks so cool! :rolf:

heykosal

Angkorian
I know you think i know nuthin but thats jus how I feel! LOL! Some people dont have money to buy a turbo lol
Sorry for laughing at you. Turbocharged cars do not use intakes per say the actual turbine si the intake. But its not correct that a lot of people get intakes so their engines "breathe" better, they do it for the small gain in HP. But you're right intakes DO help the engine breathe better, if you think of the engine as a large air pump.

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
Half of the stuff I did to our cars weren't really to make it gain hp either. It was more to make it run better. Like a heatshield for the intake. Probably not going to see any power gain, but it'll run better with colder air.

AcBrand

Sorry for laughing at you. Turbocharged cars do not use intakes per say the actual turbine si the intake. But its not correct that a lot of people get intakes so their engines "breathe" better, they do it for the small gain in HP. But you're right intakes DO help the engine breathe better, if you think of the engine as a large air pump.
Itz all good I didnt take it personally lol. Yea I though about that after I had posted it lol! Yea cuz a turbo is forced induction :oops: lmao!!

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
it is a good suggestion. im not a fan of intakes. why spend 100-200 on an intake for 2-5hp and a deeper tone. put that money aside and add some real power to the car.
just my opinion
It's not a good suggestion because it doesn't answer his question. He's asking what intake to buy, not wether to buy an intake or a turbo.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
okay, but when he's asking for an intake... I'm pretty sure tegsox already told you why you fail

Say fuck again tho, it makes you look cool.
:thumbs up

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
I figured it was him... otherwise mine would have been deleted too.

I didn't think they were too bad of posts to get deleted by a mod anyways.