1987 Integra RS

87Teg

D16A1 bone stock
Just bought the car after it sat in an old mans garage for 12 years since he could no longer drive. Not much of a project yet, more of bringing it back to life for now. I do have some plans for the car. New exhaust, short ram intake, one day a 5 speed swap but thats a long way off. Things may change by then. 138,xxx miles. Car is extremely mint inside and out but obviously needs work. I haven't done much work on Hondas more on rotary engines but I am mechanically inclined and willing to learn as much as possible about these cars. There will be more pictures posted as I do more work to the car.

The day I bought the car after it sat for years.

Installing new alternator and oil filter.
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

87Teg

D16A1 bone stock
All I've done so far is put a new alternator on, spark plug wires, oil filter and oil change, ran Z Max through it, fixed the powering steering high pressure hose leak, and I have the parts to do a coolant flush and thermostat change but I'm waiting to do it. I want to get a set of new spark plugs too.

87Teg

D16A1 bone stock
Thanks man. I havent seen many first gen. builds. I know they are getting somewhat rare and there aren't too many performance parts available for the d16a1 engine but Im going to make the best of it. Ive owned the car for slightly more then a week and I love it already. More pics will be posted soon. This week Im going to really start to dig into the car starting with a full detail.

99TegLs

This^ does it have an armrest? =D

87Teg

D16A1 bone stock
Im going to be detailing the car this weekend. Then I will get pics of the interior. Its in great shape surprisingly just needs to be cleaned after sitting for so long. Started to smell a little musty but carpet shampoo should fix that. No there is no armrest. I have 2 manilla folders full of receipts from work that has been done on the car since its been delivered to previous owners house from the Honda dealership back in '87. Im lucky to have found this car in the shape its in I was really surprised. I checked out g1teg.org already but this forum seems more user friendly...so far.

87Teg

D16A1 bone stock
TheCrimsonStar - Yeah I feel it is a good find too. I plan to have this car for awhile. Jayteg - Me too, I like it more then the DA I had a few years ago. I don't plan on doing an engine swap as of yet. Ive been debating on selling my Rx7. If I decide to sell it then I can dump some money into the Integra. I do want to do a 5 speed swap but I know its hard to find the parts I need.

TheCrimsonStar

TheCrimsonStar - Yeah I feel it is a good find too. I plan to have this car for awhile. Jayteg - Me too, I like it more then the DA I had a few years ago. I don't plan on doing an engine swap as of yet. Ive been debating on selling my Rx7. If I decide to sell it then I can dump some money into the Integra. I do want to do a 5 speed swap but I know its hard to find the parts I need.
If you swap a b16 into there it'll be a whole lot easier. Unless you want to keep the d16 in there that is.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

87Teg

D16A1 bone stock
I'm going to keep the d16a1 in the car. It runs great, I see no reason to swap it out until the engine blows. As I took a turn a block away from my house yesterday the stabilizer bar mounting bolts broke on the radius arm on both sides. I took the broken mounting bolts off both sides today. The bolts, washers, and bushings all need to replaced as soon as possible. Does anyone know where I can get them? Autozone does not sell them. I was thinking of checking Carquest. I prefer these parts brand new.

enoch723

I'm going to keep the d16a1 in the car. It runs great, I see no reason to swap it out until the engine blows. As I took a turn a block away from my house yesterday the stabilizer bar mounting bolts broke on the radius arm on both sides. I took the broken mounting bolts off both sides today. The bolts, washers, and bushings all need to replaced as soon as possible. Does anyone know where I can get them? Autozone does not sell them. I was thinking of checking Carquest. I prefer these parts brand new.
Yeah keep the d16 man.. people dont realize its the same block and head honda uses in their F1 racers. Its not AS easy to modify them though because most companies only make stuff for the B series but there is companies out there

The bolt broke or did the stabalizer brake? Cause if its just the bolt, just go to lowes or home depot or something. Should be easy to find, its most likely going to be an m14 or m15.

If your on the west coast, just go to a pick n pull for the transmission and while your there in the yard, find a 3g accord thats manual and pull the 5th gear off and put it in the new tranny you got that way you dont have to pay for both

And about the ram intake.. dont do it. You lose horsepower putting that stuff on cause you lose the compression of the actual airflow. Just take the front part of the stock intake and you will get the same effect of "free horsepower" but without the loss of power

Last edited: