1987 Integra RS

87Teg

D16A1 bone stock
Will do and Ill have to look into that but I hope nothing goes on me for awhile. It just hit 138,000 miles the day the end links broke and so far it just has a slightly rough idle. I read the rough idle could be because 1 cylinder is slightly lower then the others but I dont think its that.

Last edited:

87Teg

D16A1 bone stock
I installed put new Autolite Platinum spark plugs in today, I also bought a new thermostat and gasket for a coolant flush. My coolant temp gauge works when it wants to and judging by the way my coolant looks its time to flush it. I might do it tonight, if not it will get done tomorrow when I install my endlinks.

87Teg

D16A1 bone stock
I also bought a new oil drain plug today because I have a small oil drip from the plug, the threads are stripped from the previous owner. I said that I was going to do a full detail of the car this weekend and post pictures of the interior but since my end links broke the car has been up on jacks making a detail unsafe in my opinion. With that being said I plan to detail the car as soon as the end links are fixed, which hopefully will be tomorrow, and post up some more pictures. I remember someone on here asking if I had interior pictures so sorry for that.

enoch723

I also bought a new oil drain plug today because I have a small oil drip from the plug, the threads are stripped from the previous owner. I said that I was going to do a full detail of the car this weekend and post pictures of the interior but since my end links broke the car has been up on jacks making a detail unsafe in my opinion. With that being said I plan to detail the car as soon as the end links are fixed, which hopefully will be tomorrow, and post up some more pictures. I remember someone on here asking if I had interior pictures so sorry for that.
A new drain plug wont work.. I have had the same problem with other honda's. Really common problem to happen. Its not the bolt that stripped its the oil pan that stripped. You actually have to get a bigger bolt and tap it in man. I think its a size 5m and you have to shorten it and tap it in there. Im sorry man, its a pain in the ass and a fairly long process but will works better then a new plug

87Teg

D16A1 bone stock
I actually was thinking it wasnt going to work because like you said, I thought the thread inside the oil pan was stripped. I didnt open it yet so I can probably still bring it back. Thanks for the info though man. I put the new endlinks on, I literally just got done. I drove the car around the block and they seem to be holding up good so far. Since I put new spark plugs in my misfire at idle went away too. I didnt feel like doing the coolant flush today because I worked til 3:30 then did the endlinks and just wasnt feeling flushing the system. I will get it done by or during the weekend along with a full detail and pictures up on here. Im happy to have my Integra back on the road! :)

87Teg

D16A1 bone stock
Car has been driving good. Even though they are a small part to the suspension I can feel a difference with the new endlinks. I feel alot safer flying through turns now. I need a stock downpipe still, the owner of NW Classic Honda says he has one but I didnt get a chance to call him today. Since the weather is going to be shit tomorrow Ill order it then.

enoch723

Car has been driving good. Even though they are a small part to the suspension I can feel a difference with the new endlinks. I feel alot safer flying through turns now. I need a stock downpipe still, the owner of NW Classic Honda says he has one but I didnt get a chance to call him today. Since the weather is going to be s*** tomorrow Ill order it then.
Yeah Danny is the man when it comes to honda classics. Thats all he does all day everyday along with his team. Hopefully you get everything taken care of and going. Great little car the first gens are. Front suspension is a little quircky due to the torsion bars but still pretty amazing car for how cheap they are

87Teg

D16A1 bone stock
Yeah he seems to get a lot of business judging by his facebook following. Since Im new to the Honda scene I wasnt sure who to trust for ordering parts but now that Ive been looking around he seems legit. I honestly had no clue the first gens had torsion bars in the front until I went to do the end links. I never seen them before and was surprised lol. Do any companies make aftermarket torsion bars? Or has anyone done a strut/spring conversion from a DA or another Honda? I noticed a definite change in the way the car handles so Im happy with that. I wanted to get a front and rear strut bar but I remember you saying that there isnt much a aftermarket scene for the first gens. Since the 84-87 CRX and Civic share the same suspension would a strut bar designed for either of the two cars fit in the Integra? I remember my buddy had a DC2 but his g/f crashed it so he gave some old parts and his strut bar fit perfect on my DA. I know thats different though. First thing is first before I start to mod I really need new tires and to fix that exhaust leak. I was thinking that since I dont get emissions inspection to just straight pipe it and throw a decent muffler on it.

Last edited:

enoch723

Its gunna be hard to straight pipe it cause of how the stock is a cat back and if you straight pipe it will have to worry about it scraping. I did a cherrybomb glasspack where the res and cat were into mandrel bend piping into a flowmaster black series and it sounds badass. Doesnt sound all loud and ricy.

Just about any strut will work simply because most honda's used the same struts. But yeah almost any kind of front suspension piece will for from the 84-87 crx's and civics. With the torsion bars, for some reason they are all basically the same size so if you find some they should work, if they dont, its fairly easy to make them fit.

There was some way to do a spring conversion but I dont remember it at all, Had something to do with grinding a spot out in the crossmember and bolting in the spring and stuff. It was a long process to do.

87Teg

D16A1 bone stock
I should have explained myself better. I said straight pipe but what I meant was just getting a single pipe from the exhaust manifold back but keeping the bends of the stock catback and putting a decent muffler on the end. In a way it isnt a true straight pipe but to me it makes sense. Of course Id probably have to cut the flange off so it can still bolt up to the exhaust manifold. As for the strut conversion Ill just forget about that. So an upper strut bar meant for the 84-87 CRX/Civic will work if I can find one? I was worried about the engine bay not being the same size because I honestly am not too sure how similar the Integra is to the Civic but from what I read they are pretty similar. The junkyard around my area is closed on weekends so I have to find time to go during the week which shouldnt be too hard. I took the car for a drive out in the snow today and it handled pretty good. I took some pics of the exterior so Ill post em up now.

enoch723

I should have explained myself better. I said straight pipe but what I meant was just getting a single pipe from the exhaust manifold back but keeping the bends of the stock catback and putting a decent muffler on the end. In a way it isnt a true straight pipe but to me it makes sense. Of course Id probably have to cut the flange off so it can still bolt up to the exhaust manifold. As for the strut conversion Ill just forget about that. So an upper strut bar meant for the 84-87 CRX/Civic will work if I can find one? I was worried about the engine bay not being the same size because I honestly am not too sure how similar the Integra is to the Civic but from what I read they are pretty similar. The junkyard around my area is closed on weekends so I have to find time to go during the week which shouldnt be too hard. I took the car for a drive out in the snow today and it handled pretty good. I took some pics of the exterior so Ill post em up now.
O ok thats basically what I did only the bent area I replaced with a mandrel bends so there not as severe bends and more gradual bends. But its looks amazing man. Super clean and taken care of. Lucky to have that front lip too.. they are getting hard to find because they rip off so easy

87Teg

D16A1 bone stock
Do you have build thread on here? I want to check out your Teg. My buddy works at a performance shop right down the road from my house. I was just in there last week for inspection and was looking at the pipe bender so I think Im going to ask him if I supply the piping if hell do the pipe bending. Im not too sure if he can weld though so I might have to take it somewhere else. Thanks alot man. I honestly was really surprised how well kept the car is. I have receipts for everything that was ever done to the car since it was delivered directly to the house of the previous owner. Granted there is some rust on the underside and the bottom of the drivers side wheel well is rusted pretty bad but its nothing I cant fix myself. Im waiting for spring to roll around to touch the body. I am doing a full on detail this weekend finally along with the coolant flush/thermostat change so more pics will be posted. I plan to repaint the front lip because the color faded a little. I didnt know it was rare though, pretty sick. I am going to take the best care of this car as I can.

enoch723

I havent done a build thread yet just cause its been cold and I recently lost my job but I will be doing a build thread here soon. I have ZC cams, valve cover gasket, spark seals all set a side right now but I still need to get a head gasket. Im going to be doing a rebuild first before I actually build it up. Got a few pictures of the car though from awhile ago.

Alos, MY front lip is common, yours is rare. my front ip came standard on the 88 and 89's where as yours was an option on all 4 years. The way to tell is how they sit on the bumper. Mine kind of sits around the bumper while yours is under the bumper. yours will really help with gas while mine is basically for looks. Lol

The hood and roof are black plasti-dip now though due to a leaky sunroof and rusty hood.

Parts that I have put on. front lip, electronic headlight motors, stock integra window visors, all 4 mud flaps, stock acura eualizer, all 4 stock usdm integra rims, and hatch cover.

Last edited:

87Teg

D16A1 bone stock
Ah that sucks man I know how it feels to lose your job. I sat for months not doing anything workwise since the construction business went to s***. I couldnt work on my Rx7 for so long and it sucked. Since hurricane sandy work has picked up quite a bit over here. Mostly water damage and roofing but work is work. The car looks good regardless of the imperfections, its almost 30 years old and Im not expecting show car quailty. I like your stock rims, Ive heard they are kind of hard to find. Good idea on rebuilding the engine before modding it. I see what you mean by the differences in the lips. I never knew that, pretty cool thing to know. Ill take better care of that lip now, I already go extremely slow over pot holes, bumps, and railroad tracks. The roads suck over here. I highly doubt my front lip effects my gas mileage that much though. I keep forgetting to set the damn tripmeter when I fill up lol. By the way I forgot to mention I ordered my downpipe lastnight from Danny of NW Classic Honda. I see you live in Washington (license plate), from what Danny says there are a lot of first gens over there compared to over here on the east coast. Lucky, Im stuck looking for interchangable parts from the Civics and CRX's. I still have yet to even see another first gen Teg. By hatch cover do you mean the louvers?

Last edited: