91 Gold DA

Gold_DA_B18

Well somewhere lost in the threads is my other post about my car, but i figured what the hell Ill make a build thread. I have a 91 Integra LS a.k.a. The Gold DA, and as of right now it doesn't run. It has a miss on cyl. number 1. The plugs are brand new, wires are good, I got a compression tester to check that, I just haven't had time off work. If anyone hasn't read my other post about this car Ill put those pics on here also.

I got the car in Feb. of 09' with a shattered clutch, so it sat until I got my taxes in April, when I added the Exedy stage 1 clutch kit. it came with a 7lb. flywheel, no name adjustable coil overs, AEM shrot ram intake, Megan header, and a bag full of problems.

what it looked like when I got it.

Right after I got the clutch installed, the alternator, starter, battery, main engine relay, and cv axel took a shit on me. Not at the same time just in a 3 month period thankfully. (Just a lil side not NEVER buy reman shit from ANY parts store EVER! I went through 6, YES 6, starters and 2 alternators. There response, Quote "we just got a bad batch" !) As my luck would have it, when the alternator dose not do its job, it kills the battery, in turn no fire, so no go go. The car died on me and left me stranded on the interstate for an hour, until the lovely Mobile PD came and towed it away. $300 and a day later my dad picks it up for me. Changed all that and had it running for another week until, my tire blows and leaves me on the interstate AGAIN :evil:. So I picked up some gay ass 17's for $50 and run them

Notice the missing corner light? That's where a chunk of rubber came through taking the hood latch cable with it. Once I got all that fixed and it was drivable again, I drove it for about 3 1/2 months problem free until........a $30 tune up gave me, oil that was full of dirt and other random shit, and a repair bill that has now sent me over the 2 grand mark.

Any guesses where the other half is????

Found It!!!

*where it sits today*
I have bought a decent head from a guy I know but it is missing on the 1st cyl. like stated in the beginning. I got some ls mesh wheels for it and yes it is still gold. I had to change the windows over to manual due to fried wires, and I am looking for the driver side door panel. The carpet began to mold and I found out that there was a rust hole over the blower motor, so the carpet is gone (also looking for that), got bored while unemployed and the car was down and did half a wire tuck (just pass side), and I have fixed a couple of other rust spots. The car was also hit by a drunk Mexican IN MY OWN DRIVEWAY! That was a nice $800 check even though the damage wasn't bad, I just have to slam my hatch now. Well that's about it for now updates will come when they happen, hopefully soon.

Rust hole under taillights B4

During

No after

I under stand there will be some neg comments but hey everyone has their own taste I just tune em out and do what I want, it's my car.

Last edited:

Gold_DA_B18

Well I found some a picture of what the mexican did to the bumper, I am not to worried about it but its just a pain to slam my hatch now. If you look at the right angle you can see the dent on the panel between the taillights but again Im not worried.

Gold_DA_B18

Sorry for the repost back to back but I dont think the wheels I have are LS mesh, can anyone clear this up for me? This is what I have, and from what I have found out searching around they are called LS web? Im not sure.

jznsn2u

Sorry for the repost back to back but I dont think the wheels I have are LS mesh, can anyone clear this up for me? This is what I have, and from what I have found out searching around they are called LS web? Im not sure.
^ webs

^ ls mesh

Gold_DA_B18

DAM, oh well, at least those gay black ones are off. If I wanted to make them look shiny and new like in the pic (pic not mine) how would I do that. I have had some people tell me to wet sand them with 2000 grit sand paper and then buff them, and others say just buff the shit outta them with a mothers ball, a power drill, and meguires buffing stuff at advanced? any advice?

alpinac1

Well I found some a picture of what the mexican did to the bumper, I am not to worried about it but its just a pain to slam my hatch now. If you look at the right angle you can see the dent on the panel between the taillights but again Im not worried.

SHHH, this is why you dont paint your trim:twisted:

alpinac1

SHHH, this is why you dont paint your trim on a DA:twisted:

BlackDC2

VTEC MANIAC!
absolutely lovely car! love them so bad... I cant understand why did honda changed design of the newer generation integras why did they add window frame to the new tegs... very nice teggy!

Gold_DA_B18

Thanks for all the support. The webbs are growing on me I just want to make them look good and shiney. Still trying to find out how. And yes if I ever decide on a color to paint it the trim will be black. I'm thinking about silver like nuggets. Hopefully I can start working on it soon, I'm working two jobs right now to make ends meet. Also my taillights are leaking and I have put some clear water sealent around the top to try and stop it. Has anyone had the problem? And if so how did y'all fix it. I'll try and post some pics of it.

Gold_DA_B18

Haven't had the time to do much work on the teg, but I need to know if a B18B1 head will match up to a B18A1 block. I've looked around online but couldn't find much. Any one know?

Gold_DA_B18

Hell yes, The head that has the broken plug in it has been in the shop now for about a month and I am tired of driving my fiancee's accord around. (nothing bad about it, just the tranny is starting to slip and I want to stop relying on it all the time.) hopefully this head will be a good buy, I am guessing that the ls cams will fit and everyting also? and how would I be able to tell if ALL the valves are working? Can I bolt the cams on while the head is off and just spin them, or is that a bad thing to do?