94 integra build thread tuck/paint/slammage/flush

DC2MAN1119

+rep dude this is sooooo sick. Wish I new how to do all this!
thanks man! and its not all as hard as you think, but its easier when you do it over and over.

Got a little bit of work done today, i dropped a little bit of rtv gasket in my motor yesterday so i pulled the oil pan offand couldnt find it and then i took the windage tray off and i found it on there in two different pieces, but thank god, i didnt feel like pulling the head off and fishing for it.

and got my motor retimed and all the covers put on

and i also had some rust in the passenger side rear hatch area so i por 15'ed it to stop more rusting.

that was all i got done today, but i got my parts in from honda so i will hopefully drop my motor in tomorrow.

mirrorimg

I need to paint my motor the next time I pull it out. Its nice when it gets hot tanked, but it doesnt have that really clean look to it like its brand new.

Keep up the work.

DC2MAN1119

I need to paint my motor the next time I pull it out. Its nice when it gets hot tanked, but it doesnt have that really clean look to it like its brand new.

Keep up the work.
thanks man, and it does give it that extra POP. my only concern is how do i clean it once its in the car, cause its not like i can brush it since its painted and i dont want to mess it up, just powerwash it ya know. hopefully i just dont have any oil leaks. i shouldnt though.

GreenTeggy

My name is Ben
Just saw this! DUDE 2600 that thing looks amazing!! i wish i could find deals like that here! haha good work! KEEP IT UP! stoked for MOAR PIX

DC2MAN1119

yeah i thought it was a hell of deal when i bought it, and it kind of was, russel ss brake lines minus the driver side front wheel well, didnt know that one was missing, was told it was never wrecked, came with a clean title, and it has bondo in both quarter panels and there was some in the radiator support, but its all good, i'll fix it all. im all about a clean ass car, and since this isnt my daily it can sit for long periods of time. but for now i need it running bc my daily is being repainted (1995 accord) so i need a car BAD! and this one is closer to being finished.lol.

DC2MAN1119

So got a lot done today, but am running into some trouble.

anyways i got my bolts in from honda only to find out they were the wrong ones, awesome, this always happens. but anyways two of them were right and i had an old one i said fuck it and used it. no one can see it where its at anyways.

but this is where my morning started.

finally going to put the motor in!!!

and its in, thank god, been waiting for this for too long.

I ran into a lot of trouble putting the axles in though, if anyone has any advice LMK!
I took off the entire a arm to do it, tell me if that was the stupid way bc i feel like there has to be an easier way, i just couldnt find it.

i got the axle in the tranny and in the wheel hub but i can get it to go far enough into the tranny to line up the cv axle to the block to screw it down.

Heres a couple pictures i took after just setting the front bumper up to the car.

DC2MAN1119

So i got that axle thing figured out, and i also got my other one on and my suspension set up done. kind of, im gonna cut my springs a little more, there just temporary for a couple weeks untill i get my functions.

So the previous owner of the car broke some bolts in the hub that hold the rotors down so didnt have fun fixing that one.

heres just some pictures i took.

started doing my wiring harness and its kind of a pain but its not so bad. i cant figure out where a couple of the plugs go.

^^I cannot figure out what these go to???

^^^I also dont know what this goes to, i think its the oil pressure wire but the connector isnt on there, its yellow with a red stripe. anyone know?

and here is how i left my car tonight, im gonna try and start it tomorrow.

DC2MAN1119

hm, so didnt get too much done today. but i got all my wiring done, hate doing that, but no big deal, i just have to buy a plug for my oil pressure sensor due to the old one being cut by the previous owner. on thursday were gonna be filling her up with fluids throwing the exhaust on, ground the motor and battery and try and fire her, wish me luck!

all tucked and wired, and just a couple random pics

lol my dog helping me clean the truck out.

and kegs almost empty and warm, so why not, beer balloons it is!!

LSiNtegraDB7

I enjoy Integras.
Looks good so far man! Not loving the cut springs but I can understand if its only for a week or two. I also don't care for the "JDM" badges and shocker decal, but to each his own. Loving the progress :thumbs up

DC2MAN1119

there just normal honda badges? but yeah i hate cutting springs, but im not willing to 4x4 while i wait for my coils, funny though that i had to cut lowering springs because they werent low enough even for a couple weeks.lol also the car came with the shocker decal and the badges. so still have gotten around to doing anything exterior wise, been too busy with the motor, but once its finished its repaint time and a lot of exterior goodies, after the coils of course, and then wheels is all i really have planned untill im done building my ls/v.

8-bit

do what now?
hope everything goes well on friday. real clean car even though you have on jacks or no motor.
like the black engine bay looks dope.