94 integra build thread tuck/paint/slammage/flush

DC2MAN1119

Are you by chance from wichita? The car looks very familiar. And the other cars seem even more familiar. The yellow hatch got wrecked at 21st and Tyler, correct?
yes i am from wichita. i live on the west side and yes the yellow hatch was totalled at 21st and tyler. it belonged to my buddy blake. i ended up buying it off him once everything was said and done. he got a ep3 si that black with bronze wheels now.

DC2MAN1119

I hope you have your bumper screws because I didn't see a single one in your most recent engine bay pic lol. Cars lookin crazy good bro.
lol good looking. my cars actually been backed into 3 times since i painted my bay:-(. so the radiator is bent so bad i cant get those bumper bolts on just the two side stiffners and to the fenders. i know its ghettttto. that also why i never have a hood on the car. it was bent so back it just breaks every latch ive put on it.

that why i've been stacking parts and peices another front end together and am having a new radiator support welded on and having everything from the doors forward repainted.

DC2MAN1119

OK So my buddy remote started his teg and it was in 1st gear with the e brake down. so his car drove throught a field turned around and then hit his brothers car.lol nobody saw it. those were just the tire tracks.

Anyways so since that happened. hes parting his car out. its a bone stock 2001 gsr black leather interior teg. MINT interior.

I bought the following:
Complete Black GSR interior
radiator support
taillights
radiator
complete doors(mine are rusty and need to window regulator and the autolocks are f***ed up, this is an easy solution.lol)
rear sway bar
suspension components minus struts(this way i can do a full energy suspension bushing swap and still drive my car)

All that for $500. FOR REAL! Thank god my boy f***ed up i guess.lol

i'll post pics as soon as i go pull it all off. Still have a lot of parts coming in. Wheels are coming soon. and im doing a little something something tomorrow. ehhhh.

phenom3030

Ok So I tried updating this not too long ago but after i spent like an hour putting everything i accidentally exited out of the window. oops.. finally have a little time to do nothing so why not right.

Done a lot of work to the car lately. i want to redo this whole thread but thats for another night.lol

since my last post i have done quiet a few things to the teg,

I have recently purchased some Skunk2 pro2 coilovers and a set of 2 inch drop forks. they discontinued making these like 11 years ago. it took me some time to track them down but there great. give you a 2 inch drop without messing with the susension geometry. I still have on order some extended balljoints and new outer tie rods and im going to reverse the new tie rods to help bumpsteer.
How did this work out for you? I saw that Hardrace sells tie rods that are to be mounted this way but they aren't recommended for street use. And I've read about other folks flipping the stock tie rod mounting (from above to below) on other makes of cars.
I've been trying to see if anyone has done this to any other Honda's, specifically teg's. I figure it would help with bump steer and getting suspension geometry closer to stock for lowered cars.... Your teg is the first I've seen anyone do this with.

Do you have any pics of the tie rods after you did this? i'm really interested in seeing if this works for our cars.

Cheers on your build too! Looking forward to seeing more. And lucky you, scored a set of drop forks!

DC2MAN1119

How did this work out for you? I saw that Hardrace sells tie rods that are to be mounted this way but they aren't recommended for street use. And I've read about other folks flipping the stock tie rod mounting (from above to below) on other makes of cars.
I've been trying to see if anyone has done this to any other Honda's, specifically teg's. I figure it would help with bump steer and getting suspension geometry closer to stock for lowered cars.... Your teg is the first I've seen anyone do this with.

Do you have any pics of the tie rods after you did this? i'm really interested in seeing if this works for our cars.

Cheers on your build too! Looking forward to seeing more. And lucky you, scored a set of drop forks!
haha yeah the drops forks were definately a big score. But i actually didnt reverse my tie rods, after hours and hours of research and playing around with it. in the end it would probably cause more problems then solve. especially on a daily driver. i have terrible wheel hop, i cant keep my tires on the ground in first or second gear if im rompin it. but in the end reversing the tie rod just isnt a good idea.

in my eyes it looked like the solution but just research around and all signs will point to dont do it.

im currently battling with my camber arms. there just resting on my shock towers. So its like i have no front suspension, i need to raise my shock towers or just cut a small hole, but id rather raise them.lol. but i want a new shell. mines sooooo rusty.

not anther cody

What is messed up on your buddys car? i need a couple things, and I am local.

DC2MAN1119

What is messed up on your buddys car? i need a couple things, and I am local.
one of our buddies ended up just buying the entire car from him for a couple hundred less than what he was looking to get out of the part out. So i didnt even get all the stuff i needed. sucks. it was gonna be such a steal for me.

phenom3030

haha yeah the drops forks were definately a big score. But i actually didnt reverse my tie rods, after hours and hours of research and playing around with it. in the end it would probably cause more problems then solve. especially on a daily driver. i have terrible wheel hop, i cant keep my tires on the ground in first or second gear if im rompin it. but in the end reversing the tie rod just isnt a good idea.

in my eyes it looked like the solution but just research around and all signs will point to dont do it.

im currently battling with my camber arms. there just resting on my shock towers. So its like i have no front suspension, i need to raise my shock towers or just cut a small hole, but id rather raise them.lol. but i want a new shell. mines sooooo rusty.
Thanks for the Heads up dude. That's good info to know. :)

If you ever decide to sell those drop forks, pm me. :D

DC2MAN1119

i should get to updating this thing. i bought a mustang. so things have been slow. tryna get it hail damage totaled. i'll daily a golfball just so i can get a new shell n get shit started. anyways heres some pics from a local meet and just random shit. dont take many pictures of this stuff.

she always gets the garage when ricers drive by my house multiple times a night

bottomed out and broke my tranny mount. it was brutal.

heres some of me getting ready for the meet. and i got my gf to help!!lol

they had a bar inside the meet so i ended up being the last person to leave the meet.lol

and heres my other car.

i gotta get some things together andd im gonna be getting a lot of work done and then im selling this car but im swapping all the parts i want to keep. also just gonna be part stackin untill i can find a clean shelled rhd teg or eg coupe. either way my next build will be epic...